Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Job Description:Raytheon intends to offer a proposal in support of the solicitation to support shipboard radar antenna overhaul and repairs to include refurbishment of shipboard radar arrays and pedestals. These services will include but may not be limited to assessment, repair and testing support of antennas at contractor and customer facilities, including overhaul and refurbishment services for a wide range of shipboard radar antennas. Services to be provided at Raytheon Indianapolis and on site at NSWC Crane, Indiana.The Quality Engineer will provide Quality Assurance Inspections of Navy shipboard radar refurbishments and repairs including organic and inorganic coatings, corrosion control, and test procedures. Provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools.
The Quality Engineer will use analytical tools and methods to: improve product design; minimize inspection; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions; audit manufacturing and test data for Quality System requirements; support design reviews to insure that quality is engineered into the product; and develop product acceptance techniques and plans.
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.Required Skills/Experience:
- Currently have or an ability to obtain Certification to NACE CIP Level 1 or SSPC PCI Level 2
- Experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access, etc.)
- Experience with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing related documents
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a U.S security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Required Education (including major):
- Experience in Navy shipboard radar refurbishment inspection
- Experience with SAP systems
- Familiar with and has some practical experience of Six Sigma methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and DMADV) and tools (e.g. ANOVA, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA).
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes
- Project management experience, working experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Quality Assurance, Warfighter Support Services, All Quality Assurance