Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Precision Manufacturing (RPM) is a leader in high precision mechanical product manufacturing. The business achieved over $150M of revenue in 2014, has approximately 500 employees, and consists of multiple sites in the Dallas area. RPM is experiencing growth with primary focus in the defense market.
Reporting to a RPM Engineering Manager at the Lemmon Avenue site in Dallas, Texas, the Manufacturing Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Defining and establishing metal part inspection processes that are cost effective and meet all quality requirements.
- Close interaction with personnel responsible for fixture design, manufacturing equipment programming, machinists and methods.
- Day to day interaction with Raytheon employees including all levels of Precision Manufacturing management.
- Changing and improving processes to increase productivity and competitiveness.
- Meeting cost & schedule commitments while maintaining the utmost standards for quality.
- Promoting a spirit of cooperation and following company policies.
- Working safely every day and supporting efforts to maintain an injury free work place.
- Must have some experience reading and understanding written shop processes, engineering blueprints, engineering change notices, work instructions, procedures and routers
- Must understanding basic geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with machinists, support groups, customers, and management.
- Strong problem solving ability in resolving complex problems arising during the fabrication process. Includes investigation and recommendations for productivity enhancements.
- Highly competent, trustworthy and self-driven. Sincere relationship management skills are a must.
- The ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with any of the following software systems/tools: Pro-Engineer, PC-DMIS,Unigraphics/Siemens NX
- NC programming, CMM programming, Tool Design
- Experience with/knowledge of the following support functions: Methods, Tooling and Quality Assurance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, College, All, Engineering Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering