Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Job Description:The Sr Program Manager for Picatinny Arsenal will report to the Director of Advanced Land Warfare Systems (ALWS). The PM will develop an execution strategy, establish goals, and plan growth activities to expand aspects of the Picatinny Arsenal portfolio and related technology development; plan for integration with core product lines; and develop new offerings to meet the full spectrum mission and support needs of the customer community. This will include strategies for teaming, technical and management solution development, proposal development, etc. The PM will lead the development, implementation, and successful execution of these winning capture strategies for pursuits related to Picatinny Arsenal and improve/maintain the capture win rate through continuous improvement of capture best practices and execution. The PM is accountable to the ALWS Director for overall success of the programs, strict compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and security requirements, company and customer success, on-time delivery, and for identifying and assisting in the development of new programmatic opportunities within the customer community. The PM, in partnership with the portfolio Chief Engineer, will manage a broad program team with the ability to understand the need for establishing quality within the technology development process to support mature quality processes during integration/manufacturing. The PM will develop and maintain collaborative and responsive internal relationships with peers across the AMS product line, BD, RII, other business units and corresponding functional leads for the product line, such as HR and Finance.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall portfolio strategy and execution for pursuits and contracts related to the Picatinny Arsenal customer
- Responsible for articulating to senior product line leadership the ongoing status on cost and schedule performance, R&Os and strategies for program execution
- Maintain collaborative and responsive relationships within the product line and with functional support organizations
- Establish and grow working relationships with customers, industry partners, etc
- Stay abreast of technical and programmatic progress and issues of programs
- Understand and represent customer needs to senior management, and be an advocate to internal and external customers
- Actively participate with Advanced Missile Systems counterparts in related gate reviews, color teams and strategic planning activities
- Grow relationships to help “shape” technical requirements and acquisition strategies
- Perform technical assessments and support other technology development teams as needed
- Identify new business opportunities; support businesses in pursuing lateral opportunities and supporting current programs that are critical to AMS/RMS/the company
- Minimum 12+ years of direct related progressive experience in program and capture management, preferably with significant Defense or Government experience
- Proven track record of successful program wins
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience managing development programs
- Demonstrated success focusing on the needs of customers and delivering on those needs
- Demonstrated experience articulating customer positions, status, and strategies to senior management
- Proven ability to develop and maintain long term business relationships with customers and partners
- Demonstrated success working in a teaming environment with customers and internal partners
- Proven Army large capture win
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- B.A. /B.S. – Business, Engineering, Management, or related field is required. Masters degree preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Program Management, All Program Management