Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
Would you consider yourself a “systems thinker” able to create innovative Anti-Tamper (AT) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage? Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is hiring systems engineers interested in developing Anti-Tamper (AT) designs, technologies, and concepts with the skills to document the resulting AT designs in Program Protection Plans and Key Management Plans.Job Description and Key Responsibilities: The Systems Engineer for Anti-Tamper provides technical expertise for the design, development, documentation, qualification, integration and fielding of Anti-Tamper (AT) systems solutions used in RMS applications. The position requires an innovative individual familiar with developing AT systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with suppliers and the assessment community. US Government acquisition agencies include the USAF, USA, USN, USMC and MDA. This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. The individual is responsible for creating new AT concepts, ideas, and designs that are matured and integrated into existing programs. This technical position assesses multiple candidate AT solutions for “best fit” with system and customer requirements, establishes and documents detailed systems requirements and the allocation of those requirements to sub-systems. The position requires engagement with all engineering disciplines to determine requirements compliance during system development and qualification. Essential Functions:
Note: Position is a Sr. Systems Engineer I (G08) or a Sr. Systems Engineer II (G09) based on the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, leadership, experience and responsibility requirements of the position. Security Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret. Additional clearances may also be required from the DoD. Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Implement Anti-Tamper designs into RMS products.
- Interact with customers to define AT requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness.·
- Develop top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems.
- Support developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans.
- Keep management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Educate Raytheon and customers alike in AT solutions.
- Assist programs in developing plans, documenting plans and executing Program Protection Plans and Key Management Plans.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- Experience in design, development and fielding of AT systems for military applications: “relevant experience” is knowledge of an array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography.
- Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Experience in the implementation of AT with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle.
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust AT systems security requirements.
- Experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on Anti-Tamper issues.
- Ability to obtain and maintain active DoD Security Clearance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Leadership experience with Anti-Tamper.
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience in the fields of computer reverse engineering or AT.
- Missile AT integration experience.
- Strategic planning and Proposal writing skills.
- Ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.·
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, Suppliers, management, assessment community and customers in a team environment.
- Group management/leadership skills with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Able to work independently to uncover and resolve issues.
- Cryptography knowledge or background
- DoD Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering