Location: Andover Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
This is a high visibility opportunity for a seasoned Supplier Quality Manager/Engineer who will be located in Woburn MA responsible for the quality performance management of International subcontractors. A significant amount of travel and time will be required at the subcontractors as part of the job requirements.Here at Raytheon, our Supplier Quality Professionals are critical to the success of our business and are involved in every stage of the product life cycle - from design, supplier development, qualification, first time build and product acceptance. You will be joining a team of world-class professionals who embrace complex challenges and ways to improve our processes.As a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer/Manager you are the primary Quality Lead for assigned subcontractors, responsible for subcontractors’ performances, being the liaison between the programs and ensuring that customer requirements are met. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Development of Subcontractors Quality Surveillance and Engagement Plan for your supplier base.
- Providing on-site subcontractors engagements including monitoring / assessing processes and engaging in proactive improvement initiatives.
- Collaborating with other Raytheon Quality functions and Cross Business Teams to affect rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical capabilities and communications skills.
- Performing Supplier Assessments, Purchase Order Flowdown Reviews, First Article Inspection acceptance, assuring compliance to Quality Notes and Special Process requirements, in-process inspections and final Raytheon product acceptance.
- Conducting subcontractor performance reviews and identifying improvement opportunities.
- 8+ years’ experience with Engineering, Quality, Supplier and/or Program Management
- Position requires extensive (50 to 75%) International travel
- Management, supervisory or lead experience
- Quality Management Systems experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 or equivalent
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with problem resolution of technical and quality issues
- Experience in Military/Defense/Aerospace industries product and standards
- Currently holds or able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Flexibility in work assignment location and travel
Required Education:Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technical DisciplineAbout RaytheonRaytheon Company is a global technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems brings together the talented professionals, cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions that ensure the success of our customers’ missions worldwide.A key element of our growth is our strong commitment to the global marketplace. We sell products and services to customers in 80 nations, and our international opportunities and pursuits are growing.
- Experience with supplier quality assessments including the following: requirement flow down, Technical Data Package reviews and translation to Manufacturing Data Package, and product acceptance and process evaluations at supplier’s facilities
- Experience working issues (Root Cause analysis, Corrective and Preventative Actions), monitoring suppliers performance data to identify trends, analyzing opportunities for continuous improvement and/or implementing suppliers improvement actions
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations such as metal fabrication techniques, welding, painting, plating, nondestructive testing and assembly of large structures
- General Statistical Process Control knowledge
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or ASQ Certification
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with customers or partners (both internal and external to the company)
- Experience with subcontractor assemblies
- Ability to speak Polish as a 2nd language
- MBA degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance