Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Excited about developing systems that take detailed satellite images of Earth? From systems that reveal Earth’s vegetation index, aerosol characteristics over continents, land and ice temperatures, and cloud formations for model predictions on the next hurricane, these capabilities are made possible by the products made by Raytheon in El Segundo, California. Consider joining us to develop the next generation of space-based imaging systems.
The Responsive Space Systems Department seeks Senior Principal Systems Engineering Managers to lead the design, development, and build of DoD/Civil Electro-Optical (EO) Space Systems. The prospective systems engineering candidate will be responsible for assessing system architectures, developing requirements for these systems, and supporting the design, build, test, and customer support efforts. This role involves being able to understand and assess EO system design characteristics and analyze impacts to overall performance requirements such as MTF, radiometric performance, line-of-sight, IFOV, etc. The role also involves understanding validation, verification, and test activities, to lead the systems engineering team in creating proper IV&V plans that meet the requirements of the programs. The candidate is expected to be a leader in pre-proposal and proposal activities, bounding overall architecture solutions for mission requirements, conducting trade-studies that optimize designs for SWaP, cost, and risk approaches, and help form the technical baseline for proposals in a Lead Systems Engineer / Chief Engineer capacity. Required Skills:
- Minimum 12 years applied engineering experience, with 8+ years working in Electro-Optical (EO) engineering and/or systems engineering roles.
- Extensive team/IPTL/cross-functional leadership experience with direct-reporting personnel for multiple programs, projects, or functions, with a demonstrated track record of successful execution.
- Extensive customer support and post-delivery support experience, for flight/deliverable hardware, including specialist technical support for all aspects of integration, test, and end use.
- Proposal generation experience for multiple programs.
- Experience in complex system-level modeling definition for developing lower level performance requirements.
- Hands-on flight hardware design, analysis, integration, and test experience in all program phases, from components to full systems, including offsite integration and test support on flight vehicles through launch.
- Experience in requirements management using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in creating a technical baseline in response to RFI/BAAs.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience with systems engineering in all development phases (Requirements, Architecture, Design, Build, Test, and Deployment).
- Experience with Mechanical and Electrical Subsystems, including deriving lower level requirements based on desired Sensor System performance
- Experience with full FRACAS regimen, Failure Review Board processes and Root-Cause and Corrective Action implementation on space flight hardware.
- Risk and Opportunity Board experience, including time progression burndown of risk and realization of opportunity plans.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical schematics and components to contribute to troubleshooting, determination of root cause, definition of corrective action and implementation of solutions.
- Assembly, Integration, and Test leadership experience with a variety of Space Level Hardware.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization, and communicate effectively, directly, and succinctly both up and down the reporting chain.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Previous Chief Engineer experience, with CCB Authority and technical responsibility for product line or program execution.
- Full EVMS certification and CAM experience on multiple program efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, and/or related STEM degreeDesired Education:
Multiple degrees including Master’s Degree in Engineering along with other degrees (e.g. MBA)
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 116433
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Aerospace Engineering, General Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Optical Engineering, Sensor Systems, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, All, Engineering Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, General Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Optics/Optical Engineering, Sensor Systems, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering