Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for hands-on Material Program Manager (MPM) who is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management. You will lead the front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement that is centered around the Enterprise Subcontract Process eXcellence process (ESPX) and other strategic sourcing. You must be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. You are the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans for capture/proposal efforts and program execution
- Serving as the liaison between the Program Executive, Program Managers, IPTs and the Supply Chain organization
- Developing, coordinating, and executing all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives.
- Leading all programs’ supply chain activities.
- Advising the Sr. Manager and/or Program MPM lead as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans.
- Representing the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives.
- Overseeing all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensuring a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control.
- Being the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.
- Developing and executing material program plans (MPP) and subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator).
- Working closely with Engineering, Quality, and Operations to create a common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaborating with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitoring performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
- Developing and leading supply chain proposal activities, including task descriptions and basis of estimates that match the PTW strategies.
- Executing make/buy/where process.
- Developing Supplier Statement of Work (SSOWs) requirements alongside multiple disciplines to ensure adequate contractual and management flow downs
- Developing and executing risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balancing strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 8 years of supply chain and/or program management related experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry
- Experience in project management
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Financial management, including Material EACs and Material Forecasting
- Experience in the following areas: leadership, negotiation, and leading in an IPT environment
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with the Subcontract Administrator to develop statements of work (SOW)
- Experience implementing continuous improvement, Six Sigma or Lean methodologies/principals
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with SAP and the Supply Chain Suite of Tools
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Experience with product development processes (i.e., IPDS), Risk management, and master scheduling
- Experience working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, and Quality functions
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR/DFARS, ITAR, EAR)
- Working experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Experience working with MRP systems - Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Raytheon MPM certification or equivalent experience
- EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
- Ability to get a Top Secret clearance
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Supply Chain, Business, or related fieldDesired Education:
Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Supply Chain/Purchasing