Location: Fort Bliss Texas
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
CNC Programmer/Setter/OperatorProduces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining tools, equipment and supplies.Required Skills:
Desired Skills: Preferred 5+ years verifiable experience programming CNC Machines using Master CAM, CAD/CAM, Solid works or like software, Ability to adjust into various software’s to program CNC Mills (Fanuc Controller), Aptitude and willingness to migrate and grow with Machine Shop future CNC growth, Prefer individual with Experience and knowledge of manual Machine Shop Equipment i.e. Mills, Lathes, and various machine shop equipment/tools, Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement techniques, NIMS Certification, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Good Judgment, Required Education (including Major): Additional Notes:
- 6+ years of experience
- Plans machining approach by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, Interpret orthographic code (M & G code), reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Identifies required materials; placing requests for stock; verifying materials.
- Programs CNC mill by entering program instruction code, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs under dry run and single block modes.
- Sets-up mills by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, vices, jaws, and stops; indicating vices; truing heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international machining standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, milling, grooving, and cutting, including ; facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity within the work environment by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Must be able to obtain and maintain access clearance to Ft. Bliss Army Base.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Manufacturing, Warfighter Support Services, All Manufacturing