Location: Saint Petersburg Florida
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon is currently seeking a Technology Lead/Network Engineer to support customer programs based in the St. Pete, FL area. The Technology Lead/Network Engineer will be responsible researching, designing, architecting and managing the technical implementation and sustainment of integrated technology solutions. The Technology Lead/Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring and supporting local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet Networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems.Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:Research and recommend technology solutions to meet customer needsLead engineers in designing end-to-end technical solutions to meet customer requirementsMaintain network hardware and softwareMonitor network and perform necessary maintenance to support network availabilityPerforms a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single networkEvaluate new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing networkPlan new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
Required Skills and Education:
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems, and replace defective components. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Operating master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Performing routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Designing, configuring, and testing computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommending procurement, removals, and modifications to network components to customer engineering review boards
- Performing a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture
- Maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- IDS Monitoring tools experience
- Cloud technology experience (AWS, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Network Performance Monitoring with Solarwinds
Desired Skills:Experience with VMware and Windows server administration is desired, but not a requirement.
- Active Secret clearance. Must be TS/SCI eligible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience leading and managing technical engineers
- 10+ years of progressive networking experience with 5 or more years as a Sr. Network Engineer. Cisco CCNP Routing/Switching certification desired. In depth experience in lieu of certifications will be considered.
- 5 year’s experience configuring, maintaining, and upgrading of Cisco ASA Firewalls with Firepower services.
- Expert understanding of configuring Cisco routers with IPSEC, including router to router, as well as router to Linux based systems using strongSwan. Experience with IKEv2, and the use of Suite B cryptographic suites required.
- 5 or more years managing and maintaining Solarwinds servers. In depth knowledge of best practices for proper network and systems monitoring. Solarwinds Certified Professional certification desired.
- 2 or more years administering cloud service network infrastructure. Experience with AWS cloud services and Cisco Cloud Service Routers preferred.
- Expert understanding of networking standards and technologies including VLANs, STP, SNMPv3, ARP, Routing, DHCP, DNS, Wireshark, and others.
- Demonstrates high analytical skills through troubleshooting and maintenance of complex technical environments.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly to a high level of proficiency.
- Strong customer service skills with high focus on customer satisfaction.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Cyber, Data Networking, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Sensor Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Cyber Jobs, Data Networking, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Sensor Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering