Location: Portsmouth Rhode Island
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Job Description:The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID)is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Maritime Domain Systems programs in our Portsmouth, RI location. The selected candidate will have a proven technical track record of hands-on experience using Model Based Systems Engineering approaches in maritime and electronic products. In addition, he/she will make key contributions in conceptualizing and capturing (bids/proposals) new product development opportunities. Specific areas of interest include Model Based Engineering (MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDD, and MDE), Systems of Systems (SoS), architecture modeling and analysis of software-intensive systems.This position is posted as a SADID opportunity, however the candidate would be considered for departments within SADID based on the departmental needs. This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics and 4(+) years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Experience with system level requirements development, documentation and maintenance
- Develop and extend system models using existing requirements, interface documentation, and related design and systems engineering documents.
- Provide MBSE/SysML expertise and related support to the entire engineering team
- Systems/Software Architecture Modeling, Analysis and Assessment using UML, SYSML and MBSE tools
- Familiarity with UML/SysML, and experience with Model-Based Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques, as well as tools such as Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and Enterprise Architect.
- Hands-on Embedded Software Design and Development.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Familiarity with product lifecycle, trade studies, requirements, and interface definitions.
- Interest in complex multi-disciplinary problems and ability to work with colleagues across engineering domains.
- Demonstrated ability to build and shape work and teams through a collaborative and effective partnership
- Experience with automatic code generation. Experience with model-based testing-
- Strong understanding of full lifecycle development methodology skills including modern development processes (Agile development, scrum, DevOps, ALM/PLM)
- Knowledge and experience with XML technology such as XSLT, XML Schema, and XML Namespaces
- Familiarity with IPDS, internal reviews and gate reviews (particularly associated with SRR, PDR and CDR).
- Strong analytical background
- Knowledge of and ability to work within the Agile Scrum development practice
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and IBM Architecture/Requirements Tools (DOORS, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Publishing Engine, etc.)
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Systems Engineering