Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for a senior level experienced Subcontracts Manager to join its team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Manager of Subcontracts supporting various programs and subcontracts. You will be a key contributor to not only the supply chain and your management, but also the program office, interfacing daily with the program team. You will work with subcontractors to obtain pricing, negotiate contracts, and monitor performance. This includes developing and maintaining compliant procurement documentation, updating business system (SAP/PRISM) with latest schedules/financial information, maintaining status and plans for program and management reporting. Programs include development (both H/W and S/W) but also on-going production efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the review and mentoring of junior level subcontract administrators
- Evaluating, identifying, and selecting suppliers.
- Reviewing requirements documents (eg: PR, SSOW, Prime Contract Flowdowns) and incorporating appropriate items in RFP/Q’s and subcontracts.
- Soliciting proposals from prospective suppliers and employing various techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, conducting investigations to ensure ability to perform within cost and schedule
- Negotiating and administering multiple subcontract efforts simultaneously
- Preparing subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer and government regulations
- Monitoring and reporting cost, schedule and status of subcontractors and recommending or implementing corrective action as necessary.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in government subcontracts / supplier management
- Experience with DOD procurements
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Government regulations and Public laws
- Experience in developing and negotiating major subcontracts, master subcontract agreements, and blanket purchasing agreements. Experience with Price and Cost Analysis techniques.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.Desired Skills:
- Experience in maintaining procurement and supporting files for major subcontract / integrated product team
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level internal and external customers, peers and team members
- Demonstrated ability to influence key decision-makers and experience effectively negotiating with Subcontractors
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Risk Management
- Demonstrated project management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple subcontracts and priorities
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills, ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others
- Experience that includes collaborating with Program Management and Engineering/Technical individuals regarding management of SOW requirements and subcontractor work outputs (including cost and schedule)
- Overnight travel domestically up to 20% with the ability to travel internationally if required
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to grasp / understand technical concepts / applications
- Detailed-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similarDesired Education:Master’s degree, and / or recognized certification (eg: CPM)
- Experience with S/W or H/W development activities
- Ability to develop and monitor production status (eg: Line of Balance, material efforts) at suppliers
- SAP System or PRISM experience
- Knowledge and experience purchasing complex assemblies for military applications
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Supply Chain/Purchasing