Location: Portsmouth Rhode Island
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Job Description:The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID)is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Surveillance Radar programs in our Portsmouth, RI location.
Senior System Engineer will be responsible for supporting radar system concept development, architectural design, requirements generation and flow down, modeling and simulation, systems analysis, integration, test and evaluation. Will be expected to perform system engineering trades studies to determine solutions to technical issues, and work within multi-discipline development teams across multiple locations to coordinate the development and integration of products, support customer intimacy for areas of responsibility. Will design, implement and test algorithms for detection, discrimination and tracking systems. Work on modeling and simulation of system designs to demonstrate performance metrics. Will interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements.This position is posted as a SADID opportunity, however the candidate must be flexible to work across the departments within SADID based on the departmental needs. This position can be a Salary Grade G10 or G11 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:8+ years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical disciplinewith trade studies or algorithms Experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Design, development, and analysis of radar system and software architectures
Experience with signal processing techniques in complex propagation environments
- Prior experience with DoD Radar Design and Development Programs
- Design experience in the following radar system areas; antenna, receiver/exciter, waveforms, digital beamforming, multi-sensor track management and data fusion, adaptive signal processing, clutter mitigation techniques, electronic attack and electronic protect, sensor resource management and mission planning
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined, technical team with the ability to develop, empower, motivate and monitor the team.
- Familiarity with IPDS, internal reviews and gate reviews (particularly associated with SRR, PDR and CDR).
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience creating SysML based models
- Knowledge of and ability to work within the Agile Scrum development practice
- Proven experience with current air defense programs with specific experience in large, complex systems
- Previous military service with US Army Patriot or other military system
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and IBM Architecture/Requirements Tools (DOORS, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Publishing Engine, etc.)
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Systems Engineering