Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!*** The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a RF Test Support Engineer to support the production factory for two of our Airborne Early Warning System (AEWS) production programs. This is an immediate need for a full time, engineer who can ramp up quickly. The person must be interested working at least a year, but ideally long term (multi-year) with operations in a production manufacturing area (El Segundo south campus). A senior engineer will oversee training in testing and troubleshooting. Advancement potential exists to grow into the lead RF Engineer.These activities include:
- Partnering with the Operations Manager, interface with IT/PMs/IPTLs/CEs and customers to support production programs
- Perform as the lead engineering for RF testing and troubleshooting, supervising and mentoring junior engineers and develop test technicians in support of production efforts
- Support Lead engineer in tracking and improving the test engineering process efficiency over time.
- Support the STE design team to architect, procure, and implement new test stations, and the associated software, for future needs.
- Support technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Support technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and field test requirements verification
- Support customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Support RCCA (Root Cause analysis and Corrective Action)
- Writing ETPs and ATPs (Engineering and Acceptance Test Procedures)
- 0 – 2 years of experience in systems engineering and/or hardware development in the following areas:
- Experience with RF receive chain measurement techniques (Gain, NF, IP3, 1 dB compression, spurious signals)
- Experience using RF instrumentation (vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, noise figure meter, oscilloscope)
- Experience performing RF test setup design, documentation, configuration control, and software version control
- Experience teaming with technicians, quality engineers, operations personnel, and hardware/systems engineers
- Occasional travel to support troubleshooting at customer and supplier sites
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access to US only data systems
Required Education:Must have a MS / MA with a major in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline by Summer 2018 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. person.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities
- Able to prioritize among multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- RF troubleshooting, fault identification, improvising test setups
- RF Test Station Automation using LabVIEW for instrument control and Excel Visual Basic macros for test report generation Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
- Fiber optic connector cleaning; experience working with optical fiber communication systems
- Experience using VM (Visiprise Manufacturing) system or other shop floor control systems
- Experience using Subversion or similar software version control repository
- Familiarity with Python and Matlab
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, College, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering