Location: NAS Point Mugu California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
The Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) department currently has a need for a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE). The LSE will be the technical interface with the program managers, suppliers, engineering team, and chief engineer while being held accountable to the Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) and SEIT Department Manager. Applicants must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness; and will apply and develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts and is viewed within the company and the customer community as knowledgeable in the Radar and EW technologies.Engineering leader and business development manager for ALR-67 Radar Warning Receiver and Integrated Electronic Warfare Suite programs. These are mature product line areas that will require someone that can support the PAD, PM, and PACE in growing the business by selling the technology and capability as well as driving improvements to provide a more competitive offering to our customers. The manager for this section will need to be an effective communication technically but more so from the business side to get the teams understanding and buy in to support the needed improvements. The experience and knowledge that the individuals brings will be a needed to support the cultural improvement and usher in the integrated approach for Systems Engineering having product life ownership.The LSE will have the responsibility to support various areas within a product line which include new business/proposals, program execution, productivity and people. The responsibilities for these areas include opportunities to: 1.) work with Business Development and Capture Management to provide input into technical solutions and approaches, lead technical proposals, trade alternative system solutions, and help customers develop requirements, 2.) lead multi-disciplined systems engineering teams to ensure the overall system design and architecture is balanced to meet the required performance within the project constraints (cost and schedule), 3.) lead/participate in program reviews including IRs, gate reviews and program management review, and 4.) encourage a diverse workforce by promoting diverse opinions and thought processesThe LSE will be responsible for the execution of all Systems Engineering tasks and work products on a program, assuring technical integrity and quality of the systems engineering work throughout the program lifecycle, across all IPTs, including system architects, system/subsystem designers, requirements and IVV, through compliance to engineering processes and procedures.The LSE includes ultimate responsibility for the quality of the resulting architecture, requirements, design, integration, and tests. The LSE is responsible for an integrated test strategy and the integration and verification of the system. Assures technical integrity of the system throughout the program lifecycle, and compliance to engineering processes and procedures.The LSE will be responsible for the generation and management of artifacts associated with a Technical Baseline which include Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs) / Key Performance Parameters (KPPs), Operational Views, Architectures, Compliance Matrices, System Specifications, Interface Requirements Specifications and System Designs. Become a part of a growing department with 100 engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 5 national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation.Required Skills:
- Minimum 12 years related experience in EW or Radar programs
- Experience in the design, performance, and operational utility of Radar and EW systems
- Deep understanding of the underlying phenomenology of RF Hardware and Digital Signal Processing
- Detailed knowledge and ability to develop innovative solutions to meet the warfighter’s needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level executives and customers
- Ability to effectively lead teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems
- Ability to mentor and grow high performing teams
- Comfort with working through complex mathematical formula
- Experience in new business development for advanced technology, including direct customer interface and a familiarity with the DoD Science and Technology community
- Previous experience in working on DARPA, AFRL, ONR, or NRL programs
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
Required Education (including major):
- Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning to proposal delivery
- Knowledge of open systems architectures
- Able to develop near- and long-term IRAD plans consistent with organizational strategy
- Teaching experience in a technology field
- Existing DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance and Special Access – SAP/SAR
Desired Education (including major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Systems Engineering