Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G06 US10 (Technical Support Engineer I) or Salary Grade G07 US10 (Technical Support Engineer II) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Job Description:Raytheon Missile Systems provides many different high-technology weapon systems solutions to our defense customers. The Systems Test Directorate at RMS is seeking candidates for the Integration & Verification Center to perform in the role of test engineer for our AWS Strike programs. Our I&V engineers integrate the hardware and software elements of our developmental products and then test them to ensure they meet requirements and provide capabilities which are critical to the success of the warfighters in our military and those of our allies.The candidates will support test system maintenance and operation as well as hardware/software integration, and developmental testing tasks both in a lab and a field environment. Additional responsibilities include:Follow a disciplined and rigorous process to ensure the safe and efficient execution of all activities.Modify existing procedures to adapt to new test environments/requirements.Contribute to the build, integration and test activities associated with an End Item.Maintain accountability of hardware/software configurations and ensure completeness of all documentation.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Required Skills:
- The candidate should possess basic engineering skills, familiarity with laboratory test equipment, electronics and software.
- Experience maintaining configuration control of products and drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and database applications
- Experience interfacing directly with customers in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Must be eligible for, or have active, DoD SECRET security clearance. Must have INTERIM SECRET clearance before start date.
Required Education: BS in Engineering or Related field (Preferred Majors: Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Physics or Systems).This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
- Ability to work well in diverse teams and have the ability to multi-task
- "Customer oriented” and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced teaming environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with and take direction from Functional Management and IPT’s from multiple programs
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Technology, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Integration & Test Engineering, Systems Engineering