Location: Annapolis Junction Maryland
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is seeking an experienced Integration Test Engineer to build, integrate, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community. The successful candidate shall be skilled at the integration and maintenance of a product, including debugging issues to root causes. This individual will work with customer operatives and other experienced engineers from our Annapolis Junction, MD office.
In this position you will work on complex technical problems and provide solutions. Application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts will be necessary while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts and ensuring proper setup, configuration, and functionality of systems being deployed. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments will frequently be self-initiated. Representation as the organizational spokesperson on projects will be necessary, as this is a customer facing position. Work will be performed independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs and may include working non-traditional hours/weekends.Required Skills:
- Minimum 4 of years’ experience maintain Linux servers and applications
- Experience with system level integration and testing, i.e. integration of custom software and hardware in development and/or operational environments
- Experience performing software and hardware validation
- Experience recognizing, diagnosing, and responding to complex systems faults
- Experience working in multi-discipline virtual teams
- Experience working on enterprise systems
- Solid interpersonal and customer relationship skills with demonstrated experience in building and managing favorable/partnership-based relationships
- Ability to work unconventional hours
- Ability to travel up to 20% (majority of travel will be local)
- US Citizen Required
- Existing DOD TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- Excellent presentation (oral and written) skills.
- Experience with Java Script and/or Python
- Experience with databases, e.g. SQL
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, SNMP
- Experience and/or knowledge of basic telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience and/or knowledge of network management systems (NMS)
- Experience and/or knowledge configuration management (CM) tools, e.g. Puppet, CHEF, Salt, GIT, Subversion
- Experience and/or knowledge of debugging Linux applications
A minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience and a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Engineering Technology, All, Engineering Engineering Technology