Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
The Mission of the SSC is to offer the best value solutions that meet our customers’ needs by balancing cost, schedule, performance, and manufacturability through continuous improvement, people development and state-of-the-art subsystems technology advancementJob Description:The Electrical Subsystems Center (ESC) is looking for a senior electrical subsystem Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. The Senior IPT Lead engineer is responsible for driving the execution of the electrical sub system through the life cycle of the product. Tasks include supporting development and execution of the Product Line Roadmap, leading Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) proposal activities in estimation and Basis of Estimate, and technical management of both engineering disciplines and suppliers for programs through the product life cycle.The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven project organization and execution skills, multi-tasking and verbal/written communication and presentation skills, and experience in a budget and schedule critical environment. Candidate should lead multi-discipline teams to develop systems from concept through integration and production, and develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of large scope and complexity. Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required. Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years CCA electrical engineering design experience (or equivalent) including; circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Experience with assembling and integrating systems in an engineering lab environment
- Experience in the design, test and sell off of military systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a complex engineering team
- Solid understanding of hardware testing methodologies
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations and FRACAS processes
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
Education:Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or MathMasters degree preferredSecurity:U.S. Citizenship requiredThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the assembly, integration and test of EO and RF subsystems.
- Mentor Graphics DxDesigner experience and command of circuit simulation and analysis tools such as PSPICE, System Vision
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, IR or RF sensors, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience managing cost and schedule on a large program
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering