Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through innovation and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.The Integrated Air and Missile Defense Systems (IAMDS) Department supports Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing world class Weapon Systems Engineering. Domain Expertise includes Radar Systems, Effector Systems, Battle Management, Command and Control, Communications, Network Design, Battlespace Integration and Interoperability for Domestic and International Customers.Job Description:The Engineer will be responsible for the development of algorithms in the area of IAMDS. Develop new algorithms for integration, analysis and enhancement of existing algorithms in new environments, perform statistical analysis of the system data, generation of analysis tools, and the documentation of algorithms and analysis results. Analysis will be performed using real or simulated data. Participate in multiple research and development efforts, working with customers across related product lines. Act as a lead engineer and as an individual contributor depending on the need of the program and must work with minimal supervision.Perform Systems Engineering tasks related to Integrated Air Defense Systems, specifically Radar/Sensing:
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required Skills:
- Algorithm Development
- Signal Processing and Waveform Design
- Electronic Protection Methods
- Phased Array Technology
- Tracking and Discrimination
- Radar Search Design
- Statistical and Numerical Analysis of Radar Data
- Target and Threat Modeling
- Hardware in-the- Loop Integration
- Radar Scheduling
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Engineering designing, implementing and testing computationally algorithms for detection and tracking systems
- Experience in requirements development and/or design of system level software architecture working with MATLAB tools
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining processes, methods and tools
- Active or obtain a DOD Secret Clearance within 1 year from date of hire.
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience working with Radar Systems signal processing techniques
- Experience with current air defense programs with specific experience in large, complex systems.
- Experience managing an engineering budget
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare/Electronic Attack/Electronic Protection Techniques
- Proven ability to develop system and subsystem performance and test requirements, evaluate systems and subsystems interfaces, or design and integrate systems or subsystems using COTS/government supplied equipment
- Familiarity with Simulink modeling tools, DOORS
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Existing DOD Secret Clearance
All job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat one another.Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Algorithms, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering