Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
This Senior Manager, Contracts position is responsible for leadership of the Contracts function for the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) product line within the Secure Sensor Solutions Mission Area of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. AEWRS is a $400M Product Line supporting the United States Government, prime contractors and international customers. The position requires strategic leadership and oversight of contract management activities with direct reports and multiple program Integrated Product Teams; to include the review and approval of proposals and contracts, performance development management, and senior level support to develop partnerships and resolve issues with internal and external customers. This position leads a team of 11 Contracts employees and is based in El Segundo, CA. It reports directly to the Secure Sensor Solutions Sr. Director, Contracts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracting solutions which will result in achieving program and business area objectives.
- Owning tough issues and using knowledge of situational dynamics to establish personal engagement strategy.
- Shaping opinions of key stakeholders and negotiating skillfully to create the best outcome possible.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Ensuring compliance to company policies and guidelines.
- Examining the contract environment in all target opportunities with regards to terms and conditions, model contracts, legal environment, potential partners (with Supply Chain), contract performance history; identifying and initiating initial export license requirements.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Proficiency in contracts fundamentals, including significant knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience with US Government and US Prime Contractor customers in the acquisition and user communities.
- Extensive negotiations experience
- Demonstrated success working within a matrix organizational environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop a team, while fostering teamwork and trust from both external and internal customers
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions with respect to, for example, cost management, earned value, funding management, reporting, etc.
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically
- Possess DoD Secret clearance
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of program management principles, company policies and procedures
- Experience working with ITAR and export licensing and procedures
- NCMA certification (CPCM or CFCM)
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Desired Education: Master’s Degree
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Contracts, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Contracts