Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Job Description:The Sr Manager of Subcontracts is responsible for providing subcontract management and supply chain leadership for a team of Subcontract Managers for the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) North Texas Subcontracts region. The Sr Manager of Subcontracts is responsible for coordinating and integrating the SAS Subcontracts team activities by partnering with business area leaders, Integrated Product Team (IPT) leads, Material Program Manager (MPM) and external partners. A key component of the role is to develop strategies and partnerships that will enable growth and provide best value solutions for our customers while delivering flawless execution. The Sr Manager of Subcontracts is responsible for all subcontract activity supporting the Radar Sensor Systems (RSS) and Advanced Products Center (APC) Mission Areas from capture through program execution for supplier management.Oversee and manage a subcontract management team that creates, executes and manages various subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using source selection techniques. Manages International subcontracts as required. Participates in development of supplier Statements of Work (SOW), and conducts bidders’ conferences as required. Performs cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations. Leads the development and negotiation of collaborative agreements with suppliers. Responsible for early subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture. Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures. Leverages industry capabilities to align with technology roadmaps. Contributes to the creation of business technology and capture strategies. Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts. Leads the Supplier IPT and facilitates relationships between program office/functional organizations and suppliers. Utilizes project management skills and techniques (including EVMS) when managing suppliers. Develops program supplier risk and opportunity management plans. Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities. Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams. Responsible for strategic supplier relationship management at Business and/or Enterprise level as necessary.The successful candidate will develop and deploy supply chain strategies in support of the SAS Supply Chain and for the RSS/APC Mission Area strategies and business objectives. This position requires direct experience in all aspects of supplier management for both fixed price and cost type contracts to provide leadership and oversight to subcontracts personnel. Work with MPMs, Capture teams and Business Areas to identify and manage strategic relationships with suppliers. Will be responsible for creating contractual arrangements with suppliers including partnering agreements, technology alliances and risk sharing arrangements. Ensure suppliers are managed in compliance with SAS subcontract requirements, all applicable FAR/DFAR requirements, and cost, delivery, technical and quality requirements. Evaluates supplier metrics for trends and root causes and formulates proactive plans to ensure overall success of the Key Supplier(s) performance.Required Experience:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years of Supply Chain experience, preferably in subcontracts
- Experience with domestic supply chain complexity; experience developing and managing material systems and suppliers in domestic and international locations.
- Experience within Aerospace or Defense creating and managing subcontracts under DoD regulations.
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, Price Analysis, Cost Analysis, Long Term Agreements, Proposals, exceptions to Terms and Conditions, Fixed Price and Cost Type Subcontracts, Negotiation of Price and other business terms.
- Experience with project management skills and ability to convert business unit requirements into executable strategies.
- Experience with program management roles and functions for DoD programs, including program development lifecycle, Statement of Work generation, risk management, action item management, requirement change management, Earned Value planning/tracking/reporting, metrics management, and subcontract management. Ability to execute and manage, producing quality products meeting technical, cost, and schedule goals.
- Experience in preparing proposals, estimates, technical documents, and other contract deliverable items. Knowledge of evaluating proposals, estimates, technical documents, and other contract deliverable items.
- Experience with earned value and other supply chain related metrics.
- PM Certification Level 6 or MPM Certification Level 3 or similar company/industry certification
- Active Secret Clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team, as well as with the customer.
- Strong ability to effectively and pro-actively interface with internal and external constituencies is imperative. Excellent written and oral communication skill, including presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas.
- Solid understanding of other related business disciplines, and how they interact with program management, engineering, quality, logistic and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial information, budgets and program performance and develop strategies to improve performance in these areas.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment.
- Ability to develop and execute project plans.
- Skilled in communications, team building, conflict resolution and relationship management to create an effective partnering environment that includes credibility, respect and trust.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, finance or related field.
- Master’s Degree; (MBA or MS)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, Space and Airborne Systems-Supply Chain, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Supply Chain/Purchasing