Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
International HR Compensation and Benefits Manager
Raytheon IDS - Tewksbury, MA
Raytheon's Integrated Defense Solutions (IDS) Total Rewards team is seeking an International Compensation and Benefits Manager. This position is responsible for partnering with the Enterprise Compensation and Benefit Lead to develop and mature IDS’s non-U.S. Compensation and Benefits strategy and processes to meet the challenges of our increasing global footprint. This position is a significant contributor for evaluating non-U.S. compensation and benefit solutions that meet the business and human resource objectives of IDS. The International Compensation and Benefits Manager will collaborate and partner with the Enterprise Compensation and Benefit Lead, country and regional HR teams; international and business unit Human Resource Business Partners; Talent Acquisition, International Assignment Services; and others including external vendors and partners.Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Ensures compensation and benefits programs are competitive and in compliance with regulatory requirements in the non-US countries where we do business
- Provides governance, guidance and recommendations to ensure all local market pay and benefit practices are aligned to Raytheon’s enterprise market survey capabilities and positioning strategy and growing global market presence - anticipating future requirements
- Provides subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the development of IDS’ global total rewards strategy
- Recommends, develops and supports implementation of new programs or modifications to existing programs to meet changes in demographics, utilization, and evolving needs of IDS.
- Partners with compensation and benefits personnel in IDS global locations to ensure alignment and knowledge sharing
- Leads in the development and maintenance of and IDS repository of global compensation and benefits plans & practices
- Educates the HR organization and managers on IDS’s international compensation and benefits programs and total rewards philosophy to ensure optimal understanding and effective use of such programs
- Conducts and/or leads in job evaluation activities leveraging local salary surveys to develop, present and recommend impact and plans
- Partners to strengthen the international administration and utilization of Raytheon’s job classification system and salary structures
- Implements and matures total comp planning and performance development processes in international locations
- Utilizes networks and partners with talent acquisition to obtain real time market data in order to validate and/or propose changes to existing comp/ben designs.
- Supports Front End of the Business including international labor pricing and provides support to independent Price-to-Win (PTW) teams
- Manages the expatriate compensation & benefits strategy pulling on resources and data from the enterprise GBS IAS (MOUs), Corp Intl Comp & Ben (host country), and IDS Total Rewards
- Provides support to and approvals for international employment offers
- Provides non-US benefits oversight and competitive market analysis/benchmarking and plan design focused on innovative country specific solutions
- Analyzes benefit plan coverage and claims to shape recommendations relative to emerging social and industry trends to develop, improve, and implement programs, policies, to meet business objectives
- Understands local/in-country employee and business needs, builds relationships internally and externally and shape the direction for benefits strategy, anticipates and identifies integration, cost, or resourcing issues
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of progressive compensation and benefits responsibility in large, global or multi-national company, leading multiple facets of international compensation and benefits strategy, design, and administration across multiple countries or regions
- Broad understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues, global and local laws, management styles, legal and employment issues
- BS/BA degree (MBA or Masters in HR preferred)
- CEBS, CBP, CCP, or GRP certification or equivalent work experience
International travel may be required.PLEASE NOTE - Relocation support is available at a capped budget to be discussed with the applicant of choice at the proper time, if the person is eligible per company policy.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Network of international compensation and benefits subject matter experts and practitioners, particularly in the Middle East/developing markets
- Strong analytical skills and facility with statistical tools
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Collaborative within HR matrix and with enterprise/business stakeholders
- Highly adaptable and agile to manage and influence complexity and evolving priorities
- Experience working with and managing global and geographically dispersed teams
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Human Resources, All Human Resources