Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for a senior level experienced Subcontracts Manager to join its team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Manager, Space Subcontracts supporting the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program and subcontracts. You will be a key contributor to not only the supply chain, and your management, but also the Next GEN OPIR program office, interfacing daily with the program team. You will work with subcontractors to obtain pricing, negotiate contracts, and monitor performance. This includes developing and maintaining compliant procurement documentation, updating business system (SAP/PRISM) with latest schedules/financial information, maintaining status and plans for program and management reporting. Programs include development (both H/W and S/W) but also on-going production efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- This Subcontract Manager position is contingent upon prime contract award of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program. Prime contract award will be announced in August 2018.
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program supporting Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $25M in value.
- Assisting the review and mentoring of junior level subcontract administrators
- Evaluating, identifying, and selecting suppliers.
- Reviewing requirements documents (eg: PR, SSOW, Prime Contract Flowdowns) and incorporating appropriate items in RFP/Q’s and subcontracts.
- Soliciting proposals from prospective suppliers and employing various techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, conducting investigations to ensure ability to perform within cost and schedule
- Negotiating and administering multiple subcontract efforts simultaneously
- Preparing subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer and government regulations
- Monitoring and reporting cost, schedule and status of subcontractors and recommending or implementing corrective action as necessary.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct DoD procurement/major subcontract management experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Government regulations and Public Laws
- Ability to develop and negotiate major subcontracts, master subcontract agreements, and blanket purchasing agreements. Experience with Price and Cost Analysis techniques
- Ability to maintain procurement and supporting files for major subcontract / integrated product team
- Proven ability to build and maintain solid relationships based on mutual respect with senior level internal and external customers, peers and team members
- Demonstrated ability to influence key decision-makers and to effectively negotiate with Subcontractors
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Risk Management.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple subcontracts and priorities
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills, ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others
- Proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment by resolving conflict and influencing others
- Proven track record that includes collaborating with Program Management and Engineering/Technical individuals regarding management of SOW requirements and subcontractor work outputs (including cost and schedule)
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to develop and monitor production status (eg: Line of Balance, material efforts) at suppliers
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to grasp / understand technical concepts / applications
- Detailed-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, if required. Travel may be overnight and for multiple days at a time.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access U.S. only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Experience with S/W or H/W development activities
- SAP System or PRISM experience
- Knowledge and experience purchasing complex assemblies for military applications
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similarDesired Education:
Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar or recognized certification (eg: CPM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Contracts, Data Networking, Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Contracts, Data Networking, Supply Chain/Purchasing