Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The following position and any offer associated with this position is contingent on contract award.
Raytheon is looking for an experienced Manager of Major Subcontracts
to join its Space Systems team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Major Subcontracts, Space Systems within the Space and Airborne Systems business unit. Managing a team of subcontracts managers responsible for a portfolio of major subcontracts for the NextGen OPIR Program, you will be expected to ensure the subcontracts are fully compliant to policies/procedures and to the Federal Acquisition Regulations. The manager will participate in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts, lead the Subcontracts IPT and facilitate relationships between the program office/functional organizations and suppliers.
Activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This Manager of Subcontracts, Space Systems position is contingent upon prime contract award of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program. Prime contract award will be announced in August 2018.
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program supporting Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage multiple, high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $175M in value.
- Oversee the planning, release and management of all aspects of the major subcontracts for the NextGen OPIR Program.
- Develop and manage both routine and strategic relationship with suppliers, including risk sharing arrangements.
- Handle complex relations where supplier is also a competitor and teammate.
- Lead and/or facilitate Mission Area's material acquisition strategy with supplier/strategic partners that spans all phases of life cycle - From concept to delivery of final system to end user; Includes post-delivery support.
- Work with the team, and the IPT, in evaluating performance to plan, assessing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide routine status reports to the senior level managers (program, supplier, internal SCM). Serve as the Subcontracts Team Lead responsible for ensuring all aspects of the work and/or work share are fulfilled for the NextGen OPIR Program.
- Support Program proposals, negotiations, and customer reviews as required.
- Oversee the release and management of all aspects of a Major Subcontract.
- Proactively recognize risk and risk impact and work to resolve with appropriate customer contacts and internal counterparts.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of subcontract management, material program management or other supply chain experience
- Experience within Aerospace and Defense industry in creating and managing subcontracts under DoD regulations
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, Price Analysis, Cost Analysis, Long Term Agreements, Proposals, exceptions to Terms and Conditions, Fixed Price and Cost Type Subcontracts, Negotiation of Price and other business terms
- Experience leading both internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership, building and managing teams, as well as working with groups across functions
- Experience in reviewing comprehensive Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW)
- Experience with risk management, who has lead, facilitated, identified problems, and engaged appropriate stakeholder, and driven to solution
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Understanding of Termination Liability and Expenditure profiles
- Understanding of Change Management and Configuration Management
- Thorough knowledge of subcontract formulation, Supply Chain practices, and pre/post award subcontract administration.
- Proven negotiation skills with the ability to define strategies and assist in negotiations
- Experience implementing Six Sigma principles, Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- PRISM or SAP Experience
- Active Security Clearance: DOD or SSBI preferred
- EVM Certification
- NCMA Certification
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in business, management, supply chain management, contracts or related experienceDesired Education:
Master's Degree (MBA or MS) supply chain management
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Contracts, Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Contracts, Supply Chain/Purchasing