Location: Huntsville Alabama
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Are you a leader who wants to establish a vision and make it a reality?
Do you intentionally work toward “getting the job done” instead of “doing the job?”
If you are a leader ready to bring your talent and skills to the world leader in missile systems, we want to talk to you! We are Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) and we design, develop and produce missile systems for critical requirements, including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, and direct energy weapons. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) at RMS performs hardware development and product support for missile systems, from concept to manufacturing. The vision of the ESD is to be the best provider of integrated and affordable electrical subsystems and guidance sections through technical innovation and functionally strong partnerships.
The ESD – Product Technology Center is currently searching for a Department Manager to lead its Electrical Subsystem Products department in Huntsville, Alabama. This department manager will lead a team of approximately 70+ engineers tasked with responsibility for Electronics Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design, packaging and test, Configurable Digital Logic (CDL) development, Product Development Engineering, Component Engineering, Engineering Material Planning and other capabilities which are critical elements of RMS Guidance and Electrical Subsystems. The department is responsible for component trades, product design, development and integration activities which result in product technical data packages to support ESD subsystems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead and manage the Electrical Subsystem Products Huntsville department including the following:
- Execution of electrical and configurable logic design-related tasks, including involvement in bid/proposal processes, gate reviews and design reviews.
- Partner and collaborate across the center departments to execute shared capabilities for electrical and configurable logic design, design for manufacturing, material planning, design prototyping, component engineering and obsolescence management.
- Partner and collaborate across the directorate to support the integration, test, architecture, and sub-system alignment of electrical and configurable logic products.
- Ensure proper engineering steps are performed during all phases of the hardware design and development process to ensure robustness and adequate design margin.
- Continuous improvement and enhancement of design processes to achieve development cycle time and cost reductions.
- Partner with Operations, Supply Chain Management, Quality and other areas to support production objectives.
- Collaborate with domain Chief Technologists in the resolution of issues, technical resource development and technology roadmaps.
- Develop partnerships across RMS Engineering, Raytheon, industry, and academia to facilitate strategic capability development
- Support business needs through appropriate hiring and staffing.
- Ensure appropriate staff development through effective performance management including goal setting, career development, training, developmental task assignments, ranking and rating.
- Provide effective guidance, coaching and leadership to Section Heads for effective execution of the design and development process.
- Support leadership alignment to define and achieve the strategic vision for the Product Technology Center and ESD organization.
- Champion respect, ethics and diversity initiatives within the organization
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Twelve (12) years engineering or physics experience to include leadership roles with strong technical and management background
- Knowledgeable in the technologies and design lifecycle of electrical design related component and sub-system development from requirements through production support
- Demonstrated ability to lead cultural and organizational change
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written)
- Visible leadership by demonstrating presence in meetings to department members and to leadership team members
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Strong people interaction skills
- Able to effectively work multiple tasks and priorities, with excellent follow through and persistence to complete tasks
- Must have an existing Secret Department of Defense (DoD) Clearance and must be able to obtain access to proprietary programs.
- Willing to relocate to Huntsville, AL (relocation package available)
Required Education (Including Major):
- Multi-disciplined engineering background providing knowledge of related technologies and products; electronics, firmware, mechanical, software and systems engineering
- Experience leading multi-disciplined efforts
- Strong execution skills
- Understands effective talent development and staffing
- Experience with hiring and personnel management.
- Experience with critical conversations
- Strong understanding of RMS IPDS gates and processes
- Experience in developing and/or testing missile components
- Understanding of EV metrics (CPI, SPI, TCPI, BAC, EAC, LRE, etc.)
- Experience in risk and opportunity management
- Top Secret Security clearance
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.htmlCheck us out on YouTube:Small Diameter Bomb II employed `from a Joint Strike FighterRaytheon Company OverviewHuntsville area information:Rocket City InformationHuntsville Chamber of Commerce
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or other related technical discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering