Location: Marlborough Massachusetts
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Are you a college student about to graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology? Are you interested in working with our Engineering teams to influence hardware and systems early on in their life cycle? Do you like to assure effectiveness, safety, and reliability? Does Maintainability and economical ownership for the end user interest you?
Then you might be ready to begin your professional career as a Systems Engineer within the Whole Life Engineering Directorate, (WLED).
U.S Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Position Title:
Systems Engineer I or II
The Systems Engineer will interface with both internal and external customers and attend and brief working groups, Program Design Reviews, and Technical Interface Meetings.Do you have this Basic Qualification?
Do you have any of the following Desired Qualifications?
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a related engineering curriculum
- The ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Strong analytical skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of briefing material
- Internship or co-op experience with a defense contractor and/or government agency
- Ability to influence product design to optimize product supportability
- Familiarity with associated Military and Commercial supportability Standards and Practices
- Ability to review technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with existing standards
- Ability to identify concerns, suggest solutions, and follow through to closure
- Experience with database applications
- Prior military service operating and/or maintaining various defense systems
Be a key contributor to our Whole Life Engineering teamKeywords
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
Potential areas of specialization include:
- Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- System Safety Engineering
- Software Safety Engineering
- Cost and Affordability Engineering
- Risk and Opportunity Engineering
- Human System Integration Engineering
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineering
- Logistics Engineering
- Obsolescence Engineering
- Field Engineering
-Technical Documentation and Training Engineering
-Logistics Supply and Transportation Engineering
-Repair and Upgrade Engineering
Sound like the kind of team where you can make a significant contribution?
Then you need to apply now. Please join us in our mission!
This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. (Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campusto determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements).
Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System, FRACAS, Reliability Engineering, Maintainability Engineering, Safety Engineering, Software Safety. Logistics Engineering, Obsolescence Engineering, Cost Engineering, Risk and opportunity.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Systems Engineering, College, All, Engineering Systems Engineering