Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: Secret
Raytheon IIS is seeking an Engineering logistics Specialist to support a Repair of Repairable (RoR) Program. The Engineer logistics specialist will be responsible for implementing a rapid-turnaround, and efficient process for the repair and return of equipment to serviceable status. Repair processes encompass the activities necessary to transport assets from their service location, effect repair and then re-issue the assets to the owning facilities. Raytheon’s goal is to handle its production and Customer owned assets as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Successful candidates for this position will be able to:
Successful candidates will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the induction of field-returned hardware including supporting the efforts of Contracts, Program Repair Team, Engineering, Production Control, Planning, Quality and Shipping organizations as necessary
- Support oversight of the return of all government and customer owned support equipment, spares and prime assets, ensuring the retention of only Raytheon owned items used as repair pool assets, facilitating the import / export of hardware subject to Repair of Repairable process as necessary
- Provide the status of repairs / spares at Program Reviews, also providing up-to-the-minute status of the open repair actions to meet turnaround requirements
- Interface with Production Control and Planning organizations to produce work orders, kit releases, and planning assembly instructions
- Log data into a local tracking database and into an online material information system
- Maintain equipment and process quality standards per contract requirements through the use of inventory control and quality tracking software. Review quality reports and investigate & resolve non-conformance issues. Interface with quality department, management and technicians to communicate expectations and reduce variation
- Efficiently support efforts of the Program Repair Team to execute repair processes
- Manage and control Government assets subject to the repair process, using SAP PRISM / APEX and VM systems
- Maintain cognizance of the financial condition of each RoR inducted asset
- Supporting the discussions of the Failure Review Board and Beyond Economical Repair meetings
- Collecting, recording, analyzing, and communicating repair data results for process improvement
- Maintaining the purity of detailed records of the return and repair process.
Security Clearance - This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Desired Skills:
- Ability to maintain the intra-day currency of status tracking database(s)
- Proficiency with the personal interactions required for successful vendor interface, and includes interfacing with internal buyers
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic time-constrained environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to be highly effective in a team environment
- Exposure to radar, optics and laser technologies
- Familiarity with DoD / Navy technical standards and ISO requirements
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired
Graduated with a Bachelor or Master’s degree of Science in Engineering, Logistics or Business within the past 18 months or by December of 2018. Please include your transcript.
This position can be a Salary Grade G06 or Salary Grade G07 based on the candidate's qualifications as it relates to the educational requirement for the position.
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
General Engineering, Logistics Engineering, College, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering General Engineering, Logistics Engineering