Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
Do you consider yourself a “systems thinker” always thinking of new and innovative ways of doing things? Raytheon Missile Systems is looking for systems security engineers (SSE) interested in developing Secure Processing Solutions in our new Secure Processing Solutions Product Center (SPS PC).The SPS PC develops and delivers System on a Chip (SoC) Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) designed to meet program requirements. The SPS PC also works with programs to integrate the processors into the final system solution.Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is looking for SSE’s interested in developing and applying their skills by providing secure processing solutions. SPS PC products are projected for use in numerous programs across Raytheon. The SPC PC provides an exciting new opportunity to work in the development of SoC ASICs and their applications that have a significant impact across Raytheon and the DoD. This opportunity provides the SSE with the opportunity to apply and expand their expertise across diverse mission areas in all phases of product development including concept, design, development, integration, qualification, and production. RMS has implemented a SoC ASIC development capability based on benchmarking of industry leading best practices. This position grows your skills in the development of system security solutions to best meet customer needs by establishing and documenting detailed systems requirements and allocation to sub-systems, in turn requiring engaging other engineering disciplines to determine requirement compliance during system design, development, integration, and qualification. Applications of this technology also apply to diminishing manufacturing sources of supply (obsolescence) or the application of this new technology to existing products.The Advanced Systems Design Center within the System Design & Performance Directorate has systems design responsibility for Advanced Missile Systems as well as support for programs within the Naval and Area Mission Defense, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare Systems, and Air and Missile Defense Systems product lines. The center is currently looking for Entry Level Systems Security Engineers to develop systems design solutions for programs in the early stages of the product life cycle. Note: This position can be Salary Grade G06 (Systems Engineer I) or a Salary Grade G07 (Systems Engineer II) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position. Check us out on YouTube and other media: Bloomberg News from Defense to Cyber--Raytheon's business strategy
Raytheon Cyber News
Raytheon Cyber Defender
Raytheon Cyber ResiliencyRequired Degree, Skills and Experience:
Applied engineering experience with exposure in one or more of the following domains:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
Required candidate qualities:
- ASIC development, Software or Firmware development, Digital Electronics design, or similar work history.
- Past work experience (professional or academic) interacting with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software, and logistics engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to function effectively in a team environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Active DoD Security Clearance.
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics.
- Experience in design, development and fielding of secure systems for military applications: “relevant experience” is knowledge of a failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Prior work experience giving technical presentations after synthesizing or generating material from multidisciplinary sources.
- Ability to visualize system functionality, create block diagrams, and analyze system performance.
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle.
- Strong communication skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, All, Engineering Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering