Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/8B-k34faFAE
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule.
Raytheon is seeking a Big Data expert who will work with multiple teams on varied domains in designing and developing highly scalable big data solutions. This expert will provide technical and development support to government and/or commercial clients to build and maintain modernized Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW). This expert will do research and recommend the appropriate systems and tools to be used on a particular project based on the customer’s requirements and availability of resources, therefore, must demonstrate a deep aptitude and proficiency in programming and design techniques. This expert must demonstrate deep understanding of modern data analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Informatica Big Data Management, as well as deep understanding of the systems hosting big data solutions, including modern data storage management, modern hosting solutions, and designing and developing custom datacenter solutions.
• Understand technical architectures and current state of the market in several technology areas, hence, must possess and demonstrate deep knowledge of data warehouse concepts, big data, architecture, various design alternatives, and overall data warehouse strategies,
• Responsible for devising data conversion strategies for a system focused on delivering an advanced analytical capability,
• Knowledge of and leading a team to perform data formatting involving cleaning up legacy or new data,
• Responsible for the over-all systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance,
• General Data Management knowledge-mainly data lineage and metadata management.
• Minimum of 8 or more years working as an active contributing member of a development team
• Prior experience on analysis and resolution of data quality and integration issues
• Data Integration experience, including ability to design, document, develop and test data integration processes from data analyst specifications
• Experience implementing Big Data solutions based on Hadoop tools like Hive, HDFS and MapReduce
• Demonstrable experience on Hadoop ecosystem (including HDFS, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Impala, Map Reduce, Sentry, Navigator); Hadoop data ingestion using ETL tools (e.g. Nifi, Kafka Talend, Pentaho, Informatica) and Hadoop transformation (including MapReduce, Scala)
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Experience in data formatting, cleaning up the data, assigning schemas and creating HIVE tables
• Practical skills with efficient file movement inside of Hadoop
• Experience of leading midsized teams of data warehouse / Hadoop / integration developers
• Experience on large scale ( >1TB raw) data processing, ETL and Stream processing
• Ability to design, architect and code (desirable) at an Enterprise, Commercial, and Best Practices standard
• Experience working as SME for enterprise systems or integrations
• Excellent analytical abilities, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills
• Ability to code in either Python or R for data analytics
• Experience with big data deployments for cyber analytics
• Experience with elastic stack (ELK) visualization using Kibana
• Expert technical judgment and ability to work effectively with clients as well as IT management and staff
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational SQL databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and ability to write SQL commands
• Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
• Experience developing and delivering quality data structures, models and services on time and on budget
• Experience working both independently and collaboratively with various teams and global stakeholders (Business Analysts / Architects / Support / Business)
• Experience working on UNIX / Linux environment, as well as Windows environment
• Experience in creating Low Level Designs, and in providing and maintaining technical documentation, specifically Data Mapping and Low Level / ETL (or ELT) Design Documentation
• Experience on Continuous Integration
• Experience/exposure to the development of complex / enterprise data warehouse implemented over standard RDBMS (preferably using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Objects preferred
• B.S./B.A. or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math
• Minimum of 8 relevant work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.