Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
|This position can be a Sr Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position. The title of this position is a “Program Project Test Engineer (PTE)”.|
Candidate will work under limited to no supervision to manage the production test processes through one or more phases of the product life cycle; transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. The candidate is a Production Test Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for guiding and influencing execution of all aspects of Production Test throughout the product lifecycle on a program. The candidate will reside in the Operations Test Engineering Department and support tasks under the PTE Section Manager. The candidate will work closely with Engineering to ensure proper coordination of both engineering and production efforts across project teams participating in Change Control and Risk/Opportunity Boards. The candidate must have demonstrated experience/knowledge in production of RMS products. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the cost and schedule management of team products with a strong emphasis on anticipating, understanding, and solving problems through delivery of timely, cost effective test solutions. The candidate may be accountable for all aspects of metrics and status reporting (EAC, EVMS, BXR, etc.) as well as all work being done by the responsible team. The candidate should possess a strong technical background to maintain an effective engineering interface, ensure organizational goals of on-time deliveries, test escape reduction and zero Estimate at Complete (EAC) growth can be achieved in a cost effective manner.
This position offers an opportunity for hands-on engineering and management expertise and strong human relations skills to demonstrate leadership capability, proposal development, team building and technical skills. The candidate will work closely with Engineering, Program Management, Business Development, Supply Chain Management and Operations personnel during all phases of new business acquisition, program startup, execution and closeout.
The candidate must be capable of working beyond the typical 8 hour work day and 40 hour work week, including alternating weekend and holiday coverage throughout the year. Additionally, the candidate must be able to support travel to other Raytheon facilities or suppliers as required. This position requires support of both manufacturing activities on the factory floor and program interaction with the Team of 5.
Candidate must be capable of being granted and maintaining a DoD Secret clearance.
|Tasks may include the following:|
- Primary Production Test Interface to the Program Office for Factory Directors, Factory Managers (FM), PTE, other functional departments and MTE Center.
- Ensures that factory test budgets and assets TE, golden units and other assets are on target with Program contracts, schedules and funding.
- Oversees / assist in the development of Test Strategy, Test Equipment, TE Technical Data Package (Test Instructions, Test Position Manuals, System Software) and in the establishment of test requirements and procedures.
- Ensures that there is alignment on the development of new TE, TE processes and overall test flows across all SMC’s with partners in CFTP, TSSC, MTE and Test Architect.
- Interface with the Program to ensure any changes (design, spec, FW/SW) are understood and are properly implemented in the factories.
- Manage new or modified TE for production use for a program throughout all Strategic Make Center’s (SMC) and suppliers.
- Accountable for SMC’s test planning, test flow, test coverage, test requirement flow down, test time reduction and test improvements.
- Responsible for enabling and guiding test process yield improvements through the Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) and the Failure Investigation Teams (FIT).
- Participate in and enable improvement of the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
- Coordinate the development of test flow charts and test capacity analysis across SMC’s and suppliers.
- Communicate and coordinate root cause and corrective action investigations.
- Perform as a technical and test process Subject Matter Expert (SME).
|Required Skills: |
- 6 years of technical/engineering experience with emphasis in production TE support, troubleshooting and product assembly and test verification
- Experience working in manufacturing/factory test environment with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience with test system prove in process, troubleshooting experience, leading root cause and corrective actions efforts
- Strong understanding of a production / common factory environment
- Self-starter and able to manage personal workload
- Strong systems thinker, manufacturing solution provider, organizational, teaming and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional attitude to serve as an example to the team and colleagues and in leading teams or employees
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cohesively in a diverse environment
- Working knowledge of existing RMS execution systems such as PRISM, BW, SAP, WebDragon, Shop Floor Control, cPDM, Tableau, RFRACAS
- Provide inputs and formal presentations on TE concepts and practices
- Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance
|Desired Skills: |
- 8 years of technical/engineering experience with emphasis in production TE support, troubleshooting and product assembly and test verification
- Minimum four (4) years of leadership experience
- Program Manager Level 6 Certification
- CAM Certification
- Experience in requirements allocation and generation
- Experience with proposal development
- Experience with Development and Production Program Team of 5 operation
- Experience in software, electrical and mechanical design
- Skilled in risk identification and risk management
- Proven Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) execution experience
- Experience with complex program execution and reporting, cost and schedule tracking, risk and opportunity management
- Strong knowledge of Earned Value Management System
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Preferred Majors: Electrical, Electronics, Optical, Software, Systems or Computer Science.
|This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. |
Eligibility requirements can be found at: http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/60321.htm
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Electrical Engineering, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering