Location: Dallas Texas
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
The successful candidate will perform requirements definition, design, development, and integration & test of Special Test Equipment (STE) used for prime-item engineering development, production support and depot maintenance/re-work of airborne processor modules for the F-16 Program and other SAS efforts. The job consists of performing and supporting a wide-variety of in-house STE design, development, integration & test tasks to deliver test system solutions to Raytheon production facilities, prime contractor and/or U.S. Government. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test the STE. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, STE concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, SCM/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, and product demonstration & sell-off.
- 6 years of related work experience
- Prior experience in digital design development role using COTS components to deliver stand-alone test equipment solutions
- Prior design experience leading or directly participating in development of low-to-medium complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA)s
- Prior experience with generating test applications (i.e., test software) to support prime-item development and production
- In-depth understanding of COTS computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
- Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
- Ability to Obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience with embedded firmware design, development, and de-bug application environment and tools
- Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
- Experience working in the engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is highly-desirable
- Additional training and/or certifications with applicability to test equipment design development, integration, and test tools are also desirable
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Test Engineering, All, Engineering Test Engineering