Location: Newport Rhode Island
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer in our Newport, RI office to develop software for our Sensor Systems group. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment that values individual initiative and collaboration. BBN engineers solve real-world problems through the innovative application of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies across a varied range of technical domains. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering high quality, customer-focused solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following attributes:
• Demonstrated software engineering proficiency in C/C++ in a Unix/Linux environment
• Real-time software development experience (i.e. vxWorks, RedHawk OS)
• Experience with a formal design/code/test process.
• Experience converting MATLAB algorithms into C code.
• Experience with concurrent execution (i.e. threads, processes) on Linux based systems
• Multi-rate signal processing, beam-forming, direction finding, and CFAR detection processing a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Education & Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field and 4 or more years of direct experience; or MS in relevant field and 2 years of direct experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing software for real-time/embedded systems; more senior applicants will be considered
• An active DoD Secret clearance is highly desired
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Sensor Systems, All, Engineering, Research & Development Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Research & Development, Sensor Systems