Location: Tewksbury Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
An opportunity exists within the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts with the Patriot Conduct of Fire Trainer (PCOFT) Software Development team. Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently developing Patriot training software in support of new system capabilities. Successful candidates will work with a team of software and systems engineers to develop and test these new capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern languages and computing platforms.Job Description: Successful candidates will be an integral part of the Patriot PCOFT software team, and will be involved in development, integration, test and user support. The candidate shall be able to contribute to the entire software life cycle of Requirements, Design, Code, Unit Test, Integration and System Test. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. They shall work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. The job requires a well-disciplined engineer who is able to thrive in a dynamic environment and is able to work well in a team. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Job Responsibilities:
- Convert software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code, and analysis of software defects
- Maintain, debug and fix problems with Patriot PCOFT applications
- Support generation of documentation to include: software design artifacts, requirements documentation and problem reports
- Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
- Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make Software/Systems improvement recommendations
- Support to integration and installation efforts, for which travel may be required
- Some off-hours activity software development and test facilities will be necessary
- Will work on all phases of Software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
- C/C++ and/or Java programming language skills
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience
- This position will require the ability to obtain a US Security 'Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Better in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or other related science/engineering field.
- Proven experience with software development techniques and tools (e.g., Clearcase)
- Proven experience with C/C++ and/or Java software languages
- Proven experience with TCL/TK
- Proven experience with Linux Shell Scripting (Bash, TCSH, SH)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.Keywords: C/C++, Java, programming, clearance, software development, agileThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Proven experience with software development on Red Hat Linux
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, resolve and track complex hardware/software interactions and problems and follow through to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to implement requirements from design through integration
- Demonstrated understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile and Scrum Development
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering