Location: Goleta California
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Support (ES) Systems Department has immediate opportunities for Systems Test Leads committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective EW Systems Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions to support the EWS business area relating to Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
We innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. We march towards a simple vision – one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, choose Raytheon if you are looking for an employer that values your career interests as much as your personal values.
The Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) EW organization is accountable for IV&V test designs, and develops unique solutions for assessing EW system performance. It performs test definition, design, development, integration and build of EW equipment and related Test and Evaluation Strategies, including and the corresponding planning and execution of detailed IV&V plans for Raytheon’s SAS business unit. Solutions can include models, simulations and special test equipment designed specifically to stimulate, interrogate and instrument our EW Systems.Responsibilities:
- Generation of test documentation for verification of components, subsystems/systems
- Support to Functional Configuration Audits in support of selling off requirements using test artifacts (procedures, reports)
- Derivation of test configurations for exercising the Unit Under Test in both lab and field environments
- Collaboration with other disciplines in the development of Special Test Equipment to support system testing
- Technical leadership of small teams which could include multiple disciplines
- Technical briefing of material to senior engineering leadership
- Execution of test activities both in-house and off-site for demonstration and/or subsystem sell-off
Become a part of a growing department with 100 engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 5 national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation.We know you can choose any company to work for. Explore all options - then choose Raytheon: We do work that matters….We offer endless global career development and growth opportunities….We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits packages….We employ some really cool, fun and innovative people….We work every day to foster an inclusive workplace that embraces all our differences—like race, gender, physical ability or sexual orientation—as opportunities to expand global growth, build competitive advantage and drive enterprise collaboration.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of EW/Radar systems engineering experience is required.
- Experience with EW/Radar systems integration, verification and validation.
- Experience in execution and management through the use of test performance metrics.
- Experience in the preparation/revision of test documentation (plan, procedures and reports)
- Experience with general laboratory test setup and Special Test Equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.)
- Experienced presenter preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written.
- Experienced with leading peers and team members during test phases.
- Familiarity with generation of test configurations for component or subsystem checkout and verification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
Required Education (including major):
- Experience troubleshooting, testing and integrating test equipment
- Strong RF experience and knowledge of microwave modules
- Experience with Special Test Equipment and Modeling and Simulation.
- Experience with Microsoft Project scheduling activities.
- Technical team leadership experience of minimum of three engineers.
- Earned Value Management / Cost Account Management experience
- Experience leading STE development (and prime hardware) test activities
- Experience with security requirements related to government testing.
- Experience with requirements verification and tracking tools such as DOORS
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within five years
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.Desired Education (including major):
Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 116728
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering, Integration & Test Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering