Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: Secret
The Business Architect will work with Strategy, Program Engagement Leads (PEL), Business Partnership Leads (BPL) and Advanced IT to define business needs in a way that will ensure a consistent understanding of the solution, the business processes it will improve and the overall value of the effort to the business. The Business Architect works closely with strategy leads to ensure projects are aligned with and enable business strategies and they work to ensure all existing Enterprise, Business Unit and emerging capabilities are leveraged to define the target system architecture. The business architect analyzes the business motivations and business operations, through the use of repeatable and cohesive business analysis frameworks, industry standards and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together to develop a concept for the IT solution. Works to develop an integrated view of the business need that includes its context in both the business and enterprise and relates the need to existing business capabilities and processes. Acts as the Principal Architect on cross-IT and cross-organizational activities and works with solution architects and subject matter experts to enable the development of a detailed and implementable system architecture. Identifies gaps in RMS and Enterprise capabilities and works to develop the architectural vision, strategy and planning to address those gaps. Engages in the identification and development of reusable components, patterns, frameworks and reference architectures to reduce overall system maintenance and development costs, while simultaneously maximizing the reliability, expandability and availability of the solution.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Required:
Highly Knowledge/Skills Desired:
- The ideal candidate would have minimum 8+ years of progressive experience in Enterprise, Business, and/or System Architecture
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, Math or technology/sciences discipline, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience creating architecture roadmaps and operation models spanning business and technology domains. Solid understanding of external industry factors driving business and technology roadmaps
- Experience assessing the risks, opportunities and business value of complex technical solutions and quantify them in a way that is measurable and meaningful to the business
- Ability to speak with customers and business partners in their language and to understand their business processes and to translate those needs into IT architecture requirements
- Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions (Business Unit / Enterprise)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with individuals with varied background to negotiate compromises to enable the identification of a common concept of operations
- Demonstrated competency applying architecture frameworks and business capabilities to support complex initiatives
- Ability to inspire confidence in technical approaches with in-depth domain expertise and clear, persuasive communications
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. US Citizenship status is required as this position will need a US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- TOGAF 9.x certification
- Raytheon Certified Architect Program graduate.
- Understanding of business analysis frameworks and when to apply them.
- Experience designing large-scale IT solutions in a multi-platform enterprise (SAP, PeopleSoft, PDM, Oracle SOA, PeopleSoft)
- Knowledge of leading edge technologies and applications with the demonstrated ability to identify and quickly understand and apply those concepts in a practical way.
- Experience developing business architecture models and views using the ArchiMate modeling language
- Proficiency with Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Familiarity of industry standards in the business architecture domain
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Raytheon Six Sigma (R6s) qualification/certification
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Mathematics, Software Engineering, All, Engineering Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Configuration Management, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Mathematics, Software Engineering