Location: State College Pennsylvania
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) State College Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customer's missions.
Raytheon State College provides the opportunity to work on challenging programs without living in an urban/suburban environment. The home to the Pennsylvania State University, State College is a rural community that provides access to many of the cultural and athletic activities/events of an urban metroplex in a small community setting. Many employees enjoy a commute of 5 minutes or less! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f299m09q0Fs&feature=youtu.be
An experienced Software Engineer I is needed to support the development of software enhancements to an existing classified system.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to produce deliverable products
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing, testing, and delivering high quality software and systems
- Experience with Java or C++ computer programming language on a UNIX and/or Windows platform
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI US Security Clearance
- Note: Candidates with a current security clearance are eligible for a sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.
- Desired Skills:
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Experience developing JSPs
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- An understanding of agile software methodologies such as Scrum is also a plus.
- Security+ Certification
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or other equivalent fields
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at over 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 sales. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering Software Engineering