Location: Orlando Florida
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Title:Principal Subcontract SpecialistJob Description:From deep institutional knowledge to operational capabilities to evolving technologies, Raytheon's proven training solutions mitigate risk and help ensure readiness. Supporting the high consequence training of nearly every US Army soldier at home and abroad at over 500 sites worldwide in over 29 languages is a rewarding task. It requires a high energy collaborative team dedicated to the mission at hand to make it happen. That’s where you come in! Raytheon Global Training Solutions, an integral mission area to our Intelligence, Information and Services business, is seeking a motivated and experienced candidate for the position of Subcontracts Manager. Prepare not to be bored. This fast paced position is mission critical to how we support our troops and every day will be different. The qualified candidate will use their proactive investigative and market research skills to identify suppliers that can help achieve the goal of providing the finest military training anywhere on the globe. This person will then evaluate and have the privilege of awarding this mission critical work. He/she will be the face of Raytheon to these crucial suppliers and manage these dynamic relationships day in and day out, ensuring the highest quality standards of performance are met and at the right prices. This exciting position has a far-reaching effect that impacts jobs, productivity, and most importantly the all-important training that optimizes troop readiness and the ability to “fight tonight”.The position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of subcontract agreements from requirements definition through program execution and close-out. The work location(s) for the Principal Subcontract Specialist are Orlando, FL or Ft. Huachuca, AZ.The position will report to the Manager of Subcontracts for the GTS Mission Area.Specific position responsibilities also include:
Are you up to the challenge? We want to hear from you!Required Skills:
- Compiling technical, quality, delivery and contractual requirements and preparing issues requests for quote/proposal.
- Ensuring that enterprise, prime contract, category/product/service specific requirements are properly communicated to suppliers.
- Analyzing supplier quotes/proposals, utilizes source selection techniques (best value, total cost of ownership, etc.), performs cost/price analyses, establishing negotiation objectives/strategies, supporting negotiations, and identifying supplier risks/opportunities.
- Participating in developing supporting material for program and functional leadership reviews and capture / proposal efforts.
- Managing supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements.
- Compiling and analyzing information to keep informed on industry/market trends and industry best practices/processes.
- Executing to Raytheon and customer requirements including government regulations (such as FAR/DFARS), public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
Required Education:Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience). Desired Skills:
- 6+ years Business Experience in Supply Chain and/or related organization.
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS.
- Familiarity with US Export/Import, ITAR and EAR requirements.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, analytical & organizational capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating complex, service-based agreements. Ability to interface with supplier counterparts at a Management level.
- Ability to proactively and effectively engage others within GTS supply chain and/or across functional and business area lines to resolve potential challenges within a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence and engage key decision-makers.
- Ability to support and execute change management activities.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with various contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, T&M, IDIQ).
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications in a business environment.
- Certified Acquisition Specialist or equivalent Industry Certification preferred (ISM, IACCM, NCMA, APICS)
- Working knowledge of Raytheon business tools (e.g., APEX, SAP, Business Warehouse, etc.) and Supply Chain process and procedures (IPDS, ESPX®, etc.)
- Raytheon Six Sigma or equivalent
- Project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with SAP and Maximo helpful
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Supply Chain, Warfighter Support Services, All, WSS, Contracts and Supply Chain Supply Chain/Purchasing