Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for a mid-level experienced Senior Subcontract Specialist
to join its team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Manager, Space Systems Subcontracts - supporting the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program. You will work with subcontractors to obtain pricing, negotiate contracts, and monitor performance. This includes developing and maintaining compliant procurement documentation, updating business system (SAP/PRISM) with latest schedules/financial information, maintaining status and plans for program and management reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- This Subcontract Manager position is contingent upon prime contract award of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program. Prime contract award will be announced in August 2018.
- Evaluating, identifying, and selecting suppliers.
- Reviewing requirements documents (eg: PR, SSOW, Prime Contract Flowdowns) and incorporating appropriate items in RFP/Q’s and subcontracts.
- Soliciting proposals from prospective suppliers and employing various techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, conducting investigations to ensure ability to perform within cost and schedule
- Negotiating and administering multiple subcontract efforts simultaneously
- Preparing subcontract documentation in accordance with established company, customer and government regulations
- Monitoring and reporting cost, schedule and status of subcontractors and recommending or implementing corrective action as necessary.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum 4 years of Supply Chain experience in government contracting environment
- Experience with FAR/DFAR; import / export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Experience with negotiation of price / cost, schedules, and terms and conditions
- Experience in developing a procurement documentation file, developing and inputting into the business system a purchase order / subcontract.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, if required. Travel may be overnight and for multiple days at a time.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access U.S. only data systems
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to grasp / understand technical concepts / applications
- Detailed-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US Government Security Clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Experience with Price and Cost Analysis
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
- SAP System or PRISM experience
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team environment
- Knowledge and experience purchasing complex assemblies for military applications
: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similarDesired Education
: Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar or recognized certification (eg: CPM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Contracts, Supply Chain, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Contracts and Supply Chain Contracts, Supply Chain/Purchasing