Location: Pasadena California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a junior level Linux DevOps System Administrator to work with a team of System Administrators supporting customers located at Raytheon as well as at the customer site at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Job duties include aspects of system administration as well as some programming. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and grow their skillset to include the desired skills listing.
This position may require the candidate to work shifts outside the standard day shift.
Clearance is not required for this position
No VISA Sponsorship
- Strong experience with installing and setting up Linux systems like Redhat or CentOs
- 2 years of experience as a System Administrator
- Experience with system configuration management framework such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with system monitoring tools like Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti, Splunk, or ELK
- Experience building, installing and configuring third party software such as apache, python, tomcat
- Experience with Virtualization Technology such as VMware, Virtual Box, Vagrant
- Experience with Container Technology such as Docker
- Experience with cross-platform, continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins or Artifactory
- Programming background with working knowledge of language like Bourne, Csh, Python, Ruby, C, or C++
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as Git, Subversion or Confluence
- Have excellent user interface, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Organization skill to manage large quantities of system information with attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team environment and learn quickly
- The ability to work with deadline and deliverable
- The ability to independently follow and execute instructions provided
- The ability to independently learn new tools and technology
- The ability to analyze complex problem
- The ability to automate simple and/or repetitive tasks
- A keen interest in learning all aspects of information technology from Unix system, networking, storage to security
The candidate will be required to work in Pasadena CA
B.S./B.A. with a minimum of 2 years of experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Information Technology, Warfighter Support Services, All Computer/Management Information Systems