Location: Forest Mississippi
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon’s facility in Forest, MS is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer with a background in programming and using automation equipment to join our successful team that creates military radars and communication products. You will work to improve the quality, delivery, and production cost of products critical to military success.
Successful candidate will be part of our automation and process team supporting Fanuc robot based systems, an automated guided vehicle area, and an advanced manufacturing Lab. Experience with Fanuc programming and ladder logic programming of PLCs is required.
Additional manufacturing engineering responsibilities may include process specification documentation, process improvement, assembly instruction creation, product defect analysis & prevention, new equipment implementation, and new product development and/or launch.
The candidate will use oral and written communication skills to provide operator training, share key information within the team and the plant, and interact with design & management personnel at the program team level. The role will also require completion of a variety of Raytheon training courses and may require occasional travel to supplier, customer, or other Raytheon sites.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) in Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Sector business with a job location in Forest, MS. In this fast-paced, quality oriented, and safety-minded work environment manufacturing engineers:
- Work directly with Quality, Test Engineering and Operations Personnel.
- Create and update work instructions to ensure all technical requirements are captured for assembly.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action when defects occur.
- Support transition to build activities and First Article Validation for new products.
- Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling.
- Proactively undertake safety initiatives including job hazard analysis and ergonomic assessments.
- Support defect prevention and engage with work area to address systemic issues. Drive continuous improvement to reduce scrap and rework.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 6 years of experience with an Associate’s Degree, or 10 years of experience with HS Diploma
- Hands on experience with automated equipment
- Fanuc programming
- Ladder Logic programming of PLCs
- Experience with determining Root Cause and Corrective action implementation
- Understanding of MRP and Shop Floor control systems for Non-Conforming Parts Disposition, Router Maintenance and Rework Router generation.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable to varying assignments
- Working knowledge of Labview
- Experience reading electrical schematics for equipment
- Experience with mechanical CAD modelling - CREO preferred
- Working knowledge of hardware assembly, torque controls and analyze assembly tolerance stack up.
- Experience with Electronic Circuit Card, Cabling, and Electronic System assembly.
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Standards, Materials and Process Specifications.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues
Required Education: Minimum of 2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 6 years of experience with an Associate’s Degree, or 10 years of experience with HS Diploma
Desired Education: Advanced degree in a related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Hardware Engineering, All, Engineering Hardware Engineering