Location: Portsmouth Rhode Island
Security Clearance: Confidential
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. The Portsmouth facility has miles of nature trails, a fitness center with locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. There’s an active chapter of the Young Employee Success Network (YESNET,) one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development, community service and social activities. And it’s just a five-mile trip to the famed beaches of Newport, Rhode Island, or that short drive north to Boston.As a Principal Subcontract Specialist, you’re an integral member of the Advanced Technology and Operations Management Team. In this role, you’re primarily responsible for managing (including providing formal communication and direction as well as close-out) various agreements and subcontracts in support of Advanced Technology and Operations. Your Responsibilities will include:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.This position offers relocation assistance per Raytheon company policy.Required Skills:
- Develop and manage University Funding Agreements, University Subcontracts, and agreements for product and/or services.
- Managing Subcontractors or Universities to meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Managing and reporting subcontract performance to the Global Supply Chain Management Team and Program / Integrated Product Team.
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal to support proposal and program/company requirements; reviewing and leading subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Performing cost and price analyses, developing negotiation strategies and leading negotiations.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and Raytheon Company policy and procedures; understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR, and import/export requirements as applicable.
- Maintaining required subcontract or agreement records.
- Supply chain resource for the development of Statements of Work, Task Statements, and other cross business activities.
- 6+ years of experience in Procurement, Subcontracts, Contracts, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Project Management, Program Management, Supply Chain or Supplier Management
- Experience working in cross-functional teams or experience with project or program management.
- US Citizenship is required.
Required Education:Bachelor's DegreeDiversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis job is posted internally as: Principal Subcontract SpecialistFind out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
- Experience with Supply Chain processes and functions.
- Experience in government, aerospace, and/or defense industries, including international.
- Experience working with Universities and agreements.
- Experience with import/export regulations.
- Good working knowledge of Government regulations and Public Laws as they pertain to procurements.
- Good working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR and DFAR).
- Excellent analytical skills for performing price/cost analysis and problem solving.
- Terms and Conditions and price negotiations experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including demonstrated presentation skills.
- Possess good organizational capabilities and be detail oriented.
- Systems and tools experience (PRISM, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, etc.).
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Contracts, Finance, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, All, Engineering, Contracts and Supply Chain Contracts, Finance, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain/Purchasing