Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Sr. Principal Facilities Engineer in Facilities. The role of the Electrical Engineer/Designer is an engineering position with emphasis on gathering, organizing, and dissemination of technical electrical requirements for the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction drawings for tenant improvements, factory modifications, rearrangements, and new construction. This job requires supporting the efforts and technical information within a team environment which includes other engineering disciplines, construction personnel, drafting resources, maintenance supervision, infrastructure managers, consultants, and support groups to move a project from design, through the bid cycle and into construction followed by the project closeout phase. Emphasis of this role is work on internal facility projects and not projects for the general public.Job Description:Member of a design team and establish the detailed electrical parameters and requirements for a project.
- Coordinate electrical designs with the design information of other engineers to include architectural, civil, mechanical, structural, security, and other engineering disciplines into a cohesive drawing package, for consistency in contract language, format, drawing standards, and alignment on information provided.
- Ability to perform electrical load calculations.
- Ability to create and assemble electrical power, lighting, and system plans.
- Familiarity with electrical one line diagrams.
- Familiarity with electrical products and specifications.
- Prepare construction documentation which defines content, materials, and relationships of the electrical building elements.
- Define the critical technical requirements for the work through information gathering with the customer and stake holders.
- Communicate project requirements to contractors through contract documents (drawings and specifications).
- Receive, review, and transmit shop drawing packages and technical drawings within the project team and provide feedback to the Project Architect. Coordinate electrical information review with other engineering staff for content and compliance with construction documents.
- Define and engage the technical resources needed to complete the final design and construction drawings.
- Engage actively on punch list walks with the project architect, construction superintendents and the engineering team and consultants.
- Understand the National Electrical Code (NEC) and familiarity with NFPA requirements.
- Perform drafting as needed to support others. Setup and compile master drawings for the design team.
- Ensure drawing documentation is properly formatted and placed in the correct level and reference file schemes per established department Computer Aided Design (CAD) standards
Minimum of 10+ years’ experience within a design office working on electrical project designs and preparation of construction documents under the direction of a licensed professional electrical engineer.
- Experience working within a project team environment supporting other engineers or architects.
- Prior experience in effectively contributing and working in a project team of professional engineers from project design through preparation of construction documents and construction and supporting the project architect or project manager.
- Extensive experience with CAD software and Microsoft Office Systems in the preparation of construction documents.
- Proficient use of CAD software in setting up drawing master files for use by other disciplines.
- Analytical skills to decipher the essential project requirements and deliverables and enlist the necessary resources to achieve those goals.
- Free hand or CAD drawing skills demonstrating the ability to document existing field conditions, to propose new concepts, communicate building component relationships to others, as well as organize technical information.
- Contributory design efforts within a design team through project development in defining content, schedule, scope, and deliverables.
- Estimating for building electrical systems.
Education Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Proficiency and experience with Microstation CAD platform and setting up drawing files.
- Construction administration background in directly overseeing projects of various scales.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Project as a scheduling tool to align with deliverable time lines.
- Demonstrated experience working with professional design staff in the successful completion of building projects.
- Professional registration in the State of Arizona is desirable but not required.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) is desirable but not required.
- Field inspection experience is desirable.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com
and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon
Facilities, All Facilities