Location: Tucson Arizona
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
Serves as the Project Manager on one or more agile software development teams. Engaged in the requirements gathering, design, development, test and deployment of internally developed IT solutions that may span across functional organizations. Develops schedules for project deliverables, milestones and required tasks. Ensures projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meet technical requirements of the request. Keeps current on advances in the field of IT. Responsible for status reports, gate reviews, and communication to business point of contact and IT Leadership. These projects may span IT and partner organizations (Functions, Product Lines). Coordinates and maintains internal and external communication with development/user organizations. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Responsible for planning/coordinating technology projects and other IT enablers to ensure business objectives of programs and functional areas are accomplished.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Partner with customer organizations and programs to help identify business requirements.
- Works closely with a development team to turn business requirements into technical requirements and design.
- Ensures project tasks are completed as scheduled and reports results to customer, IT Business Partnership Lead and functional organizations.
- Performs project activities, ensuring the quality, and integrity of the information by providing consistency in content and 'look and feel' within a given project or task.
- Searches for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and is knowledgeable of other related disciplines.
- Develops solutions to complex problems.
- Serves as the SCRUM Master on their assigned agile software development teams.
- Bachelors degree in IT or a related field and a minimum of six years’ experienceprogressive experience in information systems, demonstrating strong skills in the application development lifecycle, project management, leadership and customer relationship management.
- Strong ability to set and manage customer expectations.
- Expertise in the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment.
- Understanding of how to leverage business applications to meet business needs with proven project management experience and ability to multitask in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral/written communications with the ability to present and explain technical information.
- Knowledge of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules, ensuring plans are in place and adherence to standards.
- Strong teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to apply skills and techniques in solving dynamic problems.
- Technical expertise in hardware and systems software with ability to deliver projects using leading edge technology.
- Understanding of: current technologies, Agile software development methodologies, IPDS software development process.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Information and Knowledge Systems, All, Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Configuration Management, Information and Knowledge Systems