Location: El Segundo California
Security Clearance: None / Not Required
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Job Description:Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Digital Design Engineer to work on Radar and Electro Optical control and processing electronics product development for defense applications. The position will be located in El Segundo, California.
The candidate is responsible for developing unit, module, and/or FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in digital hardware design and testing, or 8 years with a related Master’s degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
- Generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
- Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience in designing for Space Environment
- Active SSBI
Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
Advanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.Raytheon
is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter
Electrical Engineering, Space and Airborne Systems, All, Engineering Electrical Engineering