Location: Marlborough Massachusetts
Security Clearance: Secret
The Air Traffic Systems (ATS) Program Area Engineer (PAE) is the single point of accountability to the ATS Sub-Mission Area Director for Engineering on the proposals and programs in the sub-mission area’s portfolio, which includes the Automation, Surveillance, and Navigation Landing Systems program areas. The ATS PAE is responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance on the Engineering scope on programs and pursuits. As the primary point of contact between the Engineering Directorates and the Program organizations, the PAE ensures that the sub-mission area engineering efforts are appropriately staffed and that the Engineering effort is conducted in a manner compliant with both Engineering process as well as program contractual requirements. Further, the PAE reviews program performance and ensures that appropriate corrective action is taken when required.This position will report to the Transportation and Support Services Mission Area Chief Engineer.Responsibilities:
Location: Marlborough, MA.Required Skills:
- Provide Engineering leadership across Programs:
- Primary Engineering point of contact with the ATS sub-mission area for requests to resolve engineering related questions and issues; ensure dissemination to and from the Program Office to the Engineering team of program priorities, program status, action items, risks, opportunities, etc.
- Plan and manage involvement of engineering stakeholders
- Responsible for overall engineering IPDS tasks (facilitate tailoring session/re-plan, compliant execution of engineering gates (5, 6-9); Ensure engineering processes are in place, engineering team is trained, and processes are followed; coordinate program involvement in Site ISO 9000 audits and CMMI audits; definition, capture, analysis, and reporting of engineering metrics)
- Prepare engineering presentations for and lead engineering reviews (Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs), Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs), Engineering Estimate At Complete reviews(EEACs))
- Direct technical planning for the program execution and ensure it is completed/ maintained
- Lead and provides guidance to Lead Engineers with program execution cost and schedule responsibility (engineering products produced on time, within budget, and to the correct technical level)
- Develop Engineering Plans and Procedures (SEMP, SDP, HDP, I&TP, etc.) that are appropriate for Program size and duration; seek and employ cost effective approaches that minimize duplicate efforts across Directorates
- Lead or delegate engineering discipline directorates’ efforts for upcoming cost estimates; consolidate engineering cost estimates for consistency and accuracy. Lead or delegate engineering content and issue resolution on bids
- Develop Technical Performance Metrics
- Participate and Lead as appropriate Configuration Control Boards such as the Scope Management Review Board
- Identify and execute R6Sigma projects (Risk and Opportunity Process Improvement)
- Responsible for Engineering risk management across assigned programs; define risks/opportunities and mitigation/realization plans; Participate in risk and opportunity management process
- Manage engineering deliveries to be 100% on time, appropriately peer reviewed, compliant and complete, resolve customer comments in a timely manner, etc.
- Develop engineering bench strength and manage personnel across assigned Programs to ensure required skills are being applied, developed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years ofexperience in Systems/Software Engineering and/or Program Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing integrated and concurrent engineering development efforts (i.e. systems, software and hardware.)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing costs, schedule, risks and opportunities (e.g. CAM, EVMS, R&O, IMP/IMS, EAC.)
Applicant subject to a U.S. government security background investigation and must meet minimum eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Ability to obtain Secret clearance required. U.S. citizenship required.
- Currently hold an active Secret security clearance
- Experience in the engineering of Air Traffic Systems
- Possess domain knowledge in Automation and Surveillance systems
- Program Engineer or Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership experience
- Possess excellent, professional oral and written communication skills
- Able to resolve complex problems in a proactive and timely manner
- Earned Value Management, IPDS Tailoring and Deployment, MS Project, Critical Chain Project Management, Risk Management, CMMI, Gating, Cost Estimating and BOE Generation, Proposal writing, Familiarity with resource staffing tools
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
General Engineering, Program Management, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All, Engineering, Program Planning/Scheduling General Engineering, Program Management, Program Planning/Scheduling, Technical