Location: WASHINGTON DC US 20001
Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Analyst to join our Washington, D.C. team. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines to investigate complaints alleging violations of the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This includes performing legal research, gathering, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by attorneys and other legal counsel, as well as maintaining case files, new and existing complaints, indexing and tracking documents, and responding to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
• Independently reviews a high volume of alleged HIPAA compliance violations including access, health information privacy, and security and provides initial recommendations on addressing those complaints
• Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning U.S. HIPAA statutes
• Drafts administrative closure letters
• Provides technical assistance to covered entities to facilitate the resolution of complaints
• Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints
• Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience.
• Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
• Ability to make quick, reasoned decisions
• Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills (i.e. Expertise in legal research, including use of LexisNexis and Westlaw, or equivalent, writing, and analytics)
• Customer service background
• Knowledge and experience with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and various civil rights laws as well as the ability to use this knowledge in performing tasks;
• Experience in the health sector, with medical practices, institutions, health insurance, and/or other HIPAA-covered entities;
• Ability to communicate professionally with the public
• J.D. or master’s degree preferredLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.