Location: FORT GEORGE G. MEADE MD US 20755
Description:Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Systems Test Engineer who will participate in and support assigned testing tasks within systems engineering team activities related to verification and validation of Joint Command and Control (C2) and Force Management capabilities for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Supports required validation and verification process of contractor delivered command and control and Force Management software applications.
- Performs the requisite test planning needed for Government acceptance testing. Contributes to (or authors) test plans and reports.
- Prepares test cases from requirements, user stories or defect reports, prepares test plans and reports and maintains electronic library for work products.
- Executes functional testing, documenting results and entering (and maintaining) defects into tracking tool (currently SoftwareForge.mil).
- Participates in project and test team meetings, hot washes, Test Readiness Reviews, and other associated meetings to support test activities. Produces briefing materials and may lead meetings.
- Coordinates with user communities to assist with user test events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related experience in systems engineering/testing/validation and verificationor equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
Must hold an active Secret Clearance to start work on the program.
- System Engineering / testing knowledge or experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication and planning skills.
- Experience working in a highly visible, constantly changing, high-level government environment supporting military, government and contractor personnel.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology.
- Experience with Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) Family of Systems (FoS).
- Able to adapt schedule to meet customer demands.
External Referral Eligible Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.