Location: WASHINGTON DC US 20001
The NISC III program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking a System Integration Engineer to analyze, interpret, and integrate multiple Data Analysis tools of the National Airspace System (NAS) for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Employee will work to assist baselining existing analysis tools, research inputs and outputs, provide analysis of overlaps and difference between the analysis tools, and recommend solutions for integrating analysis tools into a streamlined system.
Various engineering artifacts and diagrams (AV-1; SV-4; etc) will be required.
Work with Subject Matter Experts of individual tools to obtain necessary data to complete task.
Work with team members in assisting with Configuration Management processes for entire set of inputs and overall integration system.
Additional duties include:
- Conducting analysis of transition planning, intelligence information requirements, and developing architecture baselines.
- Provide research and assistance with implementation of an integrated system (to be).
- Support business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, configuration management, and fiscal requirements.
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for projects or processes within a technical area.
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Communicate with internal and client project team members.
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Typical education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field plus 7 or more years of experienceor Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to formulate system integration strategies that meet the customer’s strategic goals of a more efficient and lean operating environment
- Ability to identify duplication in system functions and data elements, as well as differentiate between functions/elements that appear (but aren’t) similar
- Ability to work with multiple other contractors for data collection requirements
- Ability to present technical data to a diverse team of technical and non-technical customers
- Ability to de-construct and document business processes that are only well understood by SMEs
- Knowledge of DoDAF products, their uses, and the applicability to different stages of the acquisition lifecycle
- Basic knowledge of air traffic performance data parameters
- Basic knowledge of data structures, databases, and network architectures
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Visio and IBM/Unisys System Architect
- Experience integrating multiple systems with similar functions
- Experience managing requirements, selecting “best of breed” functions
- Experience with FAA automation or performance systems, especially PDARS, ASPM or OPSNET
- Experience establishing configuration management and best practices policies in environments with multiple stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.