Leidos is looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our Computer Information Systems team in Corporate IT. The position can be supported from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD.
You will join a team of other cybersecurity engineers and play a key role in the overall network security system design for large scale IP networks with over 40K nodes including Internet PoP security and DMZ segmentation. The role will be split between tasking associated with maintaining and enhancing the standing security systems and working on projects to either deploy new security capabilities or to provide security engineering services to non-security specific IT efforts. Maintenance tasking will include helping to ensure firewall, content filtering, IPS and cloud security tool policies are being updated in accordance with established standards, capacity planning and handling engineering level problems (problem management).
You will also work with the Network Security Operations team and Security Operations Center to ensure proper monitoring and alerting is taking place for network security systems.
Furthermore, you will design, document, deploy, and maintain our enterprise network security solutions such as firewalls, IPS / IDS, content filtering and cloud security tools.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class firewall solutions (additional experience, education or training may be considered).
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class IDS/IPS solutions
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class forward proxy and content filtering solutions
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Strong communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class IDS vendors such as SNORT, Suricata, Cisco (Sourcefire) or McAfee Intrushield
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in system administration (Windows or Linux) desired
- Experience in programing and/or scripting desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications