Location: FORT GEORGE G. MEADE MD US 20755
Leidos Defense & Intelligence Grouphas a career opportunity for a highly-motivated Cyber Security Engineer to join their Cross Domain Cyber Security team at Fort Meade, MD. You must have experience conducting vulnerability assessments and ensuring security compliance of Red Hat Linux systems to join our growing Information Security Practice based in Fort Meade Maryland. Successful candidates will join a team of successful problem solvers who like to dig in and find a solution. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of security specialists, engineers, project managers and testing professionals responsible for operating and maintaining various Cross Domain Enterprise Solutions as well assupporting and collaborating withthe Tier III helpdesk for those products.
In this role asInformation Security Engineer, you will be required to apply current knowledge and hands on skills in the following areas:
- Performing configuration hardening, assessment, and forensicswith Linux and Windows servers
- Host-based network access control and VPN technologies
- Managing a variety of software & package vulnerabilities, patching, and related technical & operational functions
- Guiding customers in implementing host-based security strategies on a large scale across a variety of environments
- Working with and implementing Host-based intrusion detection and prevention (state-based, event-based, signature-based)
- Performing remediation of a wide range of server and application related security issues
- Implementing DISA database and application STIGs
- Interfacing heavily with customers and end users, collaboratingin a Tier III Helpdesk environment
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of related experience (14 years of experience is required without a degree).
- Perform server virtualization and possess strong understanding ofthe security issues around it.
- Proven knowledge of security issues of implementing solutions in cloud environments (MilCloud, etc) is a big plus, as is experience with FedRAMP.
- Possess one or more DoD 8570 required certifications like CISSP, CEH, or Security+.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with cross domain solutions.
- Experience configuring switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Risk Management Framework.
- Comfortable directly interacting with customers and users.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.