Leidos is seeking a Administrative Specialist in Lakewood, Colorado to supportThe Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD) falls under the U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of the Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs, Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development. While technically a parallel organization to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), DEMD supports American Indian Reservations and BIA agencies and regional offices, as well as some other federal offices.
The Division assists Tribes with the environmentally responsible exploration, development and management of their energy and mineral resources to create sustainable economies for reservations, generate new jobs and economic self-sufficiency. DEMD provides the best technical and economic advice and services to assist Indian mineral owners in achieving these goals through the environmentally sound development of their energy and mineral resources. Indian reservations – largely unexplored lands – hold vast, natural resources, and DEMD staff members are uniquely poised to offer services no other agency can provide.
DEMD-Lakewood, CO is currently staffed by approximately twenty (20) federal employees, including the Division Chief, Deputy Division Chief and Branch Chiefs, and twenty-four contractors (24), with a mixture of federal employees and contractors participating on various functional teams. The position described falls under the DEMD Administrative Support team.
The Administrative Specialist performs administrative tasks in functional areas including Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing and Records Management, and will:
• Prepare and process correspondence, reports, proposals, records, and related documentation.
• Develop charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
• Support preparation of reports, budgets, and project schedules.
• Provide logistical support for projects.
• Prepare and processes correspondence, reports, proposals, records, and related documentation.
• Generate documentation of contractual requirements, customer specifications, design changes and project deliverables.
• Prepares user manuals and information to support projects.
• Maintains files and processes requests for information and support meetings.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust Clearance
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:B.A. degree in business administration; a combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered. At least two years’ experience performing administrative duties such as those described in the task descriptions above.
Other Requirements: Up to 10% travel may be required
Desired skills: Experience with and knowledge of the dynamics of working with American Indian Tribes and on their reservations is a plus